The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 09-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road
Default WAX ON WAX OFF

I didn’t see a car care section so I’m posting this here.

What kind of wax do you all use? I’m always looking for a new product or something that really works and last longer then two weeks.

It’s really hard for me to get a great shine so if you know of any special secrets please share.
Suicide King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I've been using Rejex lately and like it a lot. But one problem for us Floridians is that the instructions say not to apply it if temps are above 85 degrees....

But this is more of a polish or "shine enhancer" rather than a wax.
Unread 09-13-2006, 12:18 AM   #3
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

I use a lot of online product "boutique" from some of the car care forums such as:

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/

http://www.properautocare.com/menzer...FQZ-NAodh0yr9w

http://www.poorboysworld.com/

I start with a good car wash product, polish if I need to buff out scratches or spider webs, apply a good sealant such as Menzerna FMJ, and 24 hours later a coat of Poorboys "Natty's Blue" carnauba wax. Hard to get a better shine and it should last about two months +-. Spritz with a spray wax after washing and your wax will last even longer..................Tom
Unread 09-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #4
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Myself personally I use Adams products. Earlier this year I had my black Z06 parked at a friends new construction and his sprinkler came on hitting the side of my car. It was in the sun and 1/2 an hour. later I took the car home and immediately washed it but those damn spots wouldn't go away. I tried wax, everything, but nothing worked. I emailed Sal Zaino, Adams, and Autogeek. Zaino suggested that I use some abrasive product he sold, Autogeek never responded, but I got a email from Adam Pitale telling me of a special water spot removing product he had. He said he doesn't advertise it because the instructions needed to be followed exactly, but he was willing to sell me a small bottle. We communicated a few times and I ordered a bottle for twelve dollars. Well let me tell ya, a few days later I recieved a big box from Adam, it was a product he sells called "Absolute Essentials Kit". This product sells for $129.00. It had all his products, Butter Wax, Ph-neutral Car Wash Soap, Clay Bar, Detail Spray, VRT, Revive Polish, Scratch & Swirl Remover, two microfiber towels, applicator pads, and detail sponges, and one plush wash pad, plus a great bucket. I guess he is very genereous when it comes to giving products away, as the end result for him is great advertising like my response here. His products are absolutely great and easy to use. I have talked to Adam many times both in emails and on the phone, and he is a great person to deal with. I have never seen a shine like I get with Adams products. I am very anal when it comes to my cars, I wouldn't hesitate recommending Adam, or any of his products, not because he gave me a bunch of stuff for free, but because they work. Trust me you will not be disappointed, and if you are he will refund your money no questions asked. I also use a Porter Cable 7424 buffer, absolutely harmless for your paint. The pictures below are reflections of me in my hood after I used his produts to get rid of my water spots. Great stuff, great guy, visit him at http://www.adamspolishes.com/index.cfm He would make a great vendor to have here.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

DAMN! Nytro that is about as perfect mirror finish as I have every laid eyes on!
Unread 09-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #6
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Recently I tried Adam's Polishes and I'll never switch back. I've bought gallons of his stuff! At first I bought the Absolute Essentials kit which includes:

1.Car Wash
2. Wash Pad
3. Clay Bar
4. Detail Spray
5. VRT (Vinyl Rubber & Tire dressing)
6. Swirl & Haze Romover
7. Revive Polish
8. Butter Wax
9.Three Microfiber Polishing towels
10.Three Microfiber Applicator pads
11. Three Detail Sponges
12. Microfiber Drying Towel
13. 4.25 Gallon Bucket w/ Spin-off Lid
14. Instructional DVD
15. 1/2 Gallon Refill of Detail Spray
16. 12 oz Leather Conditioner
17. 16oz Brilliant Spray Glaze
18. Refill Funnel

I love all the products and they are so easy to use. I clay bar the Z once every six months or so. I wash it once every 2 weeks maybe and it stays looking sharp. The guy has the best customer service around. He guarantees his products 110%. Don't like it, get a refund plus 10%. He gives his cell phone number out for customer use. The only time he doesn't answer is when he's with a customer.

Sorry for the hard sell, but I really believe in this guys products.

I noticed Nytro beat me to the punch! I was even going to mention trying to get Adam as a vendor here. He also gives a 10% discount for being a Z06Vette.com or Digital Corvettes member.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #7
MADN3SS

Name :

TK, I'll have all my products at the show on Saturday if you want to try them. Oh, and not only are they easy to use, they smell great! The detail spray smells like candy! Probably an aphrodisiac in there.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
Unread 09-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #8
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Recently I tried Adam's Polishes and I'll never switch back. I've bought gallons of his stuff! At first I bought the Absolute Essentials kit which includes:

1.Car Wash
2. Wash Pad
3. Clay Bar
4. Detail Spray
5. VRT (Vinyl Rubber & Tire dressing)
6. Swirl & Haze Romover
7. Revive Polish
8. Butter Wax
9.Three Microfiber Polishing towels
10.Three Microfiber Applicator pads
11. Three Detail Sponges
12. Microfiber Drying Towel
13. 4.25 Gallon Bucket w/ Spin-off Lid
14. Instructional DVD
15. 1/2 Gallon Refill of Detail Spray
16. 12 oz Leather Conditioner
17. 16oz Brilliant Spray Glaze
18. Refill Funnel

I love all the products and they are so easy to use. I clay bar the Z once every six months or so. I wash it once every 2 weeks maybe and it stays looking sharp. The guy has the best customer service around. He guarantees his products 110%. Don't like it, get a refund plus 10%. He gives his cell phone number out for customer use. The only time he doesn't answer is when he's with a customer.

Sorry for the hard sell, but I really believe in this guys products.

I noticed Nytro beat me to the punch! I was even going to mention trying to get Adam as a vendor here. He also gives a 10% discount for being a Z06Vette.com or Digital Corvettes member.
Madn3ss,

Did you ever try Zaino products, and if so, how did they compare? I have been using Zaino for a few years with no complaints, but I am getting ready to claybar the '01 again and lay down a base of whatever. If there is something out there that is better than what I am using would love to know now.

Thanks
Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Madn3ss,

Did you ever try Zaino products, and if so, how did they compare? I have been using Zaino for a few years with no complaints, but I am getting ready to claybar the '01 again and lay down a base of whatever. If there is something out there that is better than what I am using would love to know now.

Thanks
Rich
Rich, I'm not Madn3ss but I will chime in here. When I bought my Z in 2000 I used Zaino's cause everyone said it was the best. Up to that point I had always used Liquid Glass. Zaino's is a very good product and Sal offers good customes assistance, but I believe that Adams is better. I never liked mixing the Z2 and ZFX, and I had a couple of ZFX's dry up on me before I used them, Sal offered to replace them free of charge but I never took him up on his offer. I spent my whole life working at new car dealers so I know what customer assistance and satisfaction is, and no one, I mean no one is more dedicated to customer satisfaction than Adam Pitale. He is the best. Sal Zaino's products are excellent and so are Adams and them some. Adams Butter Wax is easy on and easy off and chines, chines, chines. Even his tire black is a cut above, a nice finish but not real glossy and phoney looking.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king

Last edited by Nytro; 09-13-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 01:12 PM   #10
MADN3SS

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Madn3ss,

Thanks
Rich
Rich, I haven't used Zaino products before so I can't say. Most people that I've talked to that have used Zaino generally have no complaints.

In dealing with them a few times though, I'm sure Adam's customer service outshines the competition. Pun intended. You won't be sorry for trying Adam's either way.

Here's his contact info that he freely gives out.

Adam Pitale
Founder / Adam's Polishes
310-344-4290 - Cell
adam@adamspolishes.com
www.adamspolishes.com

Nytro, don't know if you saw this or not, but Adam had to change the name of his wax to "Buttery" wax. Here's the explanation from Z06Vette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
:lol: Yeah, the new word is Buttery! We discovered the trademark when completing our international trademarks this year. Same great stuff, and look out for our new Paste Wax which will hopefully be ready by year-end.