The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Summit Racing

Man, I don't know how those guys do it, but DON'T bother paying for overnight shipping for your parts! I ordered some stuff at 3:30am on 12/12 and by 10 am on 12/13 the order showed up at my door.

So far every order has been complete, no backorders, and everything exactly as I had ordered them. No screwups, no missing parts, no wrong parts, no excuses.

Why can't everyone do business like they do?
Unread 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation

I bought stuff from them for years when I had the race car. I always found them to be fast, accurate and professional. I don't remember ever having a problem with them. Delivery in a day or two was the norm, not the exception.
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Benjamin

Name : BENJAMIN LONG SR.
Benjamin is on a distinguished road

ya, with their warehouse in Macon GA it sure helps us out down here. Even when they were out of Ohio exclusively they got parts here in 2-3 days regularly.
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Rich Z

I'm getting quite a collection of Summit Racing boxes around here. FedEx has been stopping by just about every day now. I am SO tired of looking at car parts....
Unread 12-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
ya, with their warehouse in Macon GA it sure helps us out down here. Even when they were out of Ohio exclusively they got parts here in 2-3 days regularly.

That and their warehouse is mostly automated so when you put in an order in the middel of the night the computer sends a robot out into the warehouse and put it on the truck so that it happens immediatly and then arrive the next morning because you are so close to the warehouse for FEDEX.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
Rich Z

Have to put in another good word for Summit Racing. I was trying to put in an aftermarket starter on the blue C5Z and both brands I bought from Summit (Powermaster 6509 and MSD 5096) just would not work in my car. I didn't have any concerns with returning the Powermaster, since I could tell right away that it wouldn't work. But the with the MSD the fitment problem didn't make itself known until I had the header back on. And that was a struggle, since I had to remove the starter bolts in order to get the header past the starter. Of course, it took several tries before I realized it, since with the stock starter the header will drop down and go right in pretty easily. In the process, the MSD starter got bunged up pretty noticeably, and I really figured that Summit would not take it back in that sort of condition. But I contacted Summit and enclosed a photo just to see if they could do anything for me, really expecting to get a "Sorry Charlie" reply.

But nope, they said to just send it back. So I did and got a full refund on it. I was worried that I now had a $300 door stop for the garage. Didn't even cost me a dime for shipping back to them.

There have been times that i have had to return stuff for any number of reasons, and never a complaint from them. They even supply a return label on each invoice, so it's really easy to process.

When I was doing a lot of work on the C5Z replumbing the turbo lines, I wanted to use T-bolt clamps on everything, and they are kind of limited in range a particular size pipe. So I just order the sizes I thought I needed as well as a couple sizes larger and smaller to play it safe. When the dust cleared, I was able to just return the clamps that didn't fit without any hassles whatsoever.

Honestly, I do wish everyone I have ever bought something from was as easy to work with. Summit Racing is just top notch in my book. Even if I could find something a few dollars cheaper elsewhere, I am buy it from Summit. I believe they are just worth keeping my business, and definitely worth supporting so that they remain in business forever.