The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 06-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #31
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Well Alberto really screwed us up pretty well. We were supposed to close on our house Monday. We had all the closing papers fedexed up to us, we went to a title company here in Indy to sign, notarize and whiteness and fedexed back for a Monday AM delivery. Since the Insurance Co. would not bind the policy because of the storm, I could not close.

Soooo now I have to do it all over again. Re-fedex, re-sign yada yada yada. This is going to cut it really close since the next closing date is next Tuesday and we will be loading a truck to ship stuff down that same day and Flying down Thursday.

I can understand the insurance co. but it wasn’t even raining there!!! There was a co that would have done it for $10,000 but before I got back to them, they closed too.
Unread 06-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #32
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal
Well Alberto really screwed us up pretty well. We were supposed to close on our house Monday. We had all the closing papers fedexed up to us, we went to a title company here in Indy to sign, notarize and whiteness and fedexed back for a Monday AM delivery. Since the Insurance Co. would not bind the policy because of the storm, I could not close.

Soooo now I have to do it all over again. Re-fedex, re-sign yada yada yada. This is going to cut it really close since the next closing date is next Tuesday and we will be loading a truck to ship stuff down that same day and Flying down Thursday.

I can understand the insurance co. but it wasn’t even raining there!!! There was a co that would have done it for $10,000 but before I got back to them, they closed too.

Leave it to the insurance industry to screw things up

They won't bind insurance if a storm (even a piddly assed one like this) is within X hours of landfall (can't recall the actual time frame).

I understand it, but it still sucks
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #33
Shadow

Name :

As Jimmy Buffett says:

trying to reason with Hurricane season

"...Storms out on the Gulf Stream, big storms comin soon..."
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #34
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quite frankly, the way things are going in Florida, soon we will be chasing down insurance agents with dogs and tar and feathering them. If I hear things right, my home owner's policy will about double next time around.
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #35
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Quite frankly, the way things are going in Florida, soon we will be chasing down insurance agents with dogs and tar and feathering them. If I hear things right, my home owner's policy will about double next time around.

Please, O please...let me take point!
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #36
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If there's any insurance companies left, we may all be insured by the state.
Unread 06-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #37
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal
If there's any insurance companies left, we may all be insured by the state.
We already almost have that. It's called "Citizens Property Insurance Corporation." The dig is, if they go over budget, then they assess the real insurance companies who then pass through that charge to their regular customers. Gee, how wonderful is that? All I see is the bottom line on my premium notice.

Really folks, I don't have a problem with people building multi million dollar homes on sand dunes on a barrier island. I'm glad for them that they can do that. Just don't be sticking you hand into MY pocket when it gets knocked down by a hurricane to help you rebuild your folly. Which is exactly what is happening.
Unread 06-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #38
86DSOMVERT
Maui No Ka Oi

Name :
86DSOMVERT is on a distinguished road

Hey Rich do you need an Ark now? 2 Corvettes of every model year.

Hope everyone faired well.

I didn't even know it stormed it was so quiet outside.
86DSOMVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #39
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
We already almost have that. It's called "Citizens Property Insurance Corporation." The dig is, if they go over budget, then they assess the real insurance companies who then pass through that charge to their regular customers. Gee, how wonderful is that? All I see is the bottom line on my premium notice.

Really folks, I don't have a problem with people building multi million dollar homes on sand dunes on a barrier island. I'm glad for them that they can do that. Just don't be sticking you hand into MY pocket when it gets knocked down by a hurricane to help you rebuild your folly. Which is exactly what is happening.

Just proves the point that if government were a private enterprise, it'd be bankrupt.

Insurance companies spread thier risks over the country. I have no sympathy for them or thier losses. They chose to take the risk.

Scott, you're right on the other point. Either be willing to pay more individually for your beach house insurance or accept the fact that your multi gazillion dollar beach front view may be a sandbar after the next storm
Unread 06-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #40
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Insurance companies spread thier risks over the country. I have no sympathy for them or thier losses. They chose to take the risk.
That used to be true, but no longer. Did you know that most (if not all) of the insurance companies have spun off Florida into it's own separate insurance company? i.e., State Farm Florida, and Allstate Florida, etc.? That's so that each of those companies can go bankrupt and it won't touch the main company.

Pretty nifty of them, eh? "Good hands" and all that stuff...........