The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 06-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Zach

Name :
Zach is on a distinguished road
Default A question for the LEO's on the forum

Today I bought a new license plate. I wanted to be enlightened more about the rumor that police/troopers are more lenient on people who have certain plates. I bought the 'Police Athletic League' plate. So what's the deal? Is anything true about the rumor that police are more apt to let you out of a ticket if you have a certain plate? Thanks!
Unread 06-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
C5STATETROOPER
Lakeland, FL

Name :
C5STATETROOPER is on a distinguished road

Nope - just a rumor . . . .

Although the PAL is a good cause, a driver's actions is what gets them in and out of a bind. ARRIVE ALIVE!
Unread 06-13-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5STATETROOPER
Nope - just a rumor . . . .

Although the PAL is a good cause, a driver's actions is what gets them in and out of a bind. ARRIVE ALIVE!

Same as those FOP/PBA/Support your local police, state troopers and all that crap decals. I like the ones that have thier FOP/PBA "badge" bolted onto one of the screws that secure the tag. Excuse me sir. Aside from your apparent lack of driving skills,...you're tags obstructed too...sign here please .
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #4
Zach

Name :

Honestly I got it because the plate looks GREAT (especially on black cars), I doubted the rumor was true THANKS though!
Unread 06-14-2006, 02:16 AM   #5
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

How about a get out of jail free card from Monopoly?

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 06:07 AM   #6
C5STATETROOPER
Lakeland, FL

Name :
C5STATETROOPER is on a distinguished road

The crap that they bolt all over their tags is illegal too - I am amazed when someone says that they were told that their donation would help them out since they are a "booster" member. Folks, our budgets are set by the Governor and money comes from sales tax - not booster memberships. Some people flame out when they get a ticket and they are a "Booster".

On a side note - please dont ever donate to a State Trooper organization that solicits on the phone. They are not Troopers calling you (even though they say they are) and only a tiny percentage actually goes to a Trooper's family that lost their loved one in the line of duty.
Unread 06-14-2006, 06:17 AM   #7
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
On a side note - please dont ever donate to a State Trooper organization that solicits on the phone. They are not Troopers calling you (even though they say they are) and only a tiny percentage actually goes to a Trooper's family that lost their loved one in the line of duty.
Thanks for the info Larry. My wife has actually donated before.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
The crap that they bolt all over their tags is illegal too - I am amazed when someone says that they were told that their donation would help them out since they are a "booster" member. Folks, our budgets are set by the Governor and money comes from sales tax - not booster memberships. Some people flame out when they get a ticket and they are a "Booster".

Those clowns call me about 3-4 times a year!!! Some hayseed good 'ole boy sounding guy (same one everytime or they're clones ) hits you with all the heartstring stuff about supporting the troopers and thier families yada yada yada....

He also "implies" that the decals you get (how many ya want son?) will provide some sense of security if you should get stopped .

I put an ad in the magazine one year for my private business and they haven't stopped since.....
Unread 06-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :

The crap that they bolt all over their tags is illegal too - I am amazed when someone says that they were told that their donation would help them out since they are a "booster" member

Larry, you'll like this one. THE Sheriff (this came straight outta da mans office via the major) sent us (the motor unit) out to an area in reference to citizen complaints of excessive speed in a neighborhood with an unobstructed through street.

We hadn't been there 15 minutes when I clock Billy Bob on RADAR at 56/25! in his mini pickup.

I stop him and immediately take note that his entire rear window is covered with Florida Sheriff's Assn. and Youth Ranch Assn. decals, the ones that look like our shoulder patches.

When I return to his truck with the citation, he asks whats that? I tell him, a citation. A what? A ticket.

He goes nuts!!!
Tells me to look at his window, that he's been a supporter of "the sheriff" since 1970 something? (I believe it! He had every year on his window).

I respond that I had indeed noticed and, by the way, your rear view is obstructed, but I'm just gonna give you a warning for that

He said he was gonna call the Sheriff, that he knew him personally (*and yes, he did*), so I made sure he had the #.

Got a call about 20 minutes later to call the Sheriff (directly). When he asked what happened, I told him everything.
He asked if the guy dropped his name? I said yes. He got a little ticked with the guy about that! Say's thats what I expect you to do

Last I heard of it.......

So ladies and gentlemen....keep buying those stickers......
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:34 AM   #10
Zach

Name :

Another question...as I previously told you guys I have the 'Police Athletic League' plate.

The way the plate is setup....

Florida

[icon] E495D2

Police
Athletic League

I have a license plate frame that covers 'Athletic League'....so right now it says 'Florida Police' Is this bad in any way?