The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 10-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default WTT (Want To Trade) 2003 Mustang Cobra - 14k miles - 2.9 Whipple CT Located

Interested in 08+ C6Z's or possibly a 2010+ GS

December 2013 I saw this car up for sale on SVTPerformance.com and subsequently it arrived in my driveway before the year ended. I purchased my cobra from Jerry Pounds of Georgia when the car at the time had 5300 miles on the odometer. I am currently the 4th owner of this vehicle. It's life started in Florida then traveled to Arizona to the second owner, Georgia for the 3rd, and CT where it is with me. There are no reported accidents on this vehicle, and during my possession there were none.

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra (#1462) Manufactured on 07/23/2002
Color: Torch Red
Mileage: 14,619.2 as of today (Will go up as I enjoy it on the weekends)
Interior: Parchment Seats
Located: Wethersfield, Connecticut
Power: 640RWHP/538TQ (19.2* Boost) tuned at Performance Dyno (New Hampshire) by Pete

Current vehicle modifications:

Engine:
  • 2.9 Whipple S/C
  • 3.5" Upper Pulley/ Stock Lower
  • JLT High Boost CAI
  • Single Blade Polished Accufab Throttle Body
  • Afco Competition Heat Exchanger
  • SCT 3000 Handheld Tuner
  • Billetflow Idler Pulleys
  • Mafia Mass Air Extender
  • Upgraded Justin Wheeler 200AMP Alternator (Installed May 2017)
  • Ford Racing Coil Covers
  • Ice Cold A/C and Hot Heat
Exhaust:
  • 1 3/4" Kooks Longtubes
  • Kooks Catted X-Pipe
  • Bassani Catback
  • Bassani 4" Slash Cut Tips
Fuel:
  • 60# Injectors
  • Fore Innovations Level 1 Return Fuel System (Dual Walbro GSS342 Pumps)
  • FC2 Controller w/ 6 Gauge Wiring
  • Teflon -8 (PTFE w/ Stainless Braid) Lines
  • Fuel Pressure Gauge
Drivetrain:
  • Factory T-56 Tremec 6 Speed
  • Brass Fork Inserts
  • Billet 1-2 Keys
  • Billet 3-4 Keys
  • 26 Spline D&D Performance Input Shaft
  • McLeoud Twin Disc Clutch
  • Aluminum Flywheel
  • 3.73 Gears
  • 31 Spline Detroit Tru Trac
  • Billet Main Caps
  • Ford Racing Milled Diff. Cover
  • Aluminum Flywheel
  • MGW Short Throw Shifter with cobra shift ****
Suspension/Chassis:
  • IRS Brace
  • Full Length Welded Subframe Connectors
  • Full Tilt Boogie Racing Complete IRS Bushing Kit
  • UPR Camber Plates
  • Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Wheels/Tires:
  • 18x8.5 BBS RK Plasmas with Toyo R888R's (245/40/18)
  • 18x10 BBS RK Plasmas with Toyo R888's (305/35/18)
  • Currently to date: ~900 miles on wheels and tires
Miscellaneous After Martket Parts:
  • Fore Hood Vents
  • Recon White LED Reverse Lights
  • Black Outlined "COBRA" inserts
  • LED fog lights/stock headlamps
  • Dual Aeroforce Gauges
  • Original Window Sticker
  • Second Key
  • Rare Discontinued SVT License Plate Frame
  • SVT VIN Certificate
The bad about the car:
  • Check Engine Light on SOLEY due to 02 sensor codes which just have not been tuned out.
  • Small driver side exhaust leak
  • 3rd brake light cracked
  • Driver side defroster vent blew out after a 2-3 pull at the track - picture below
Let me first say, this car has been nothing but a thrill ride. Every single time I drive it, I grin from ear to ear, as will you. It has been my pride and joy for the last 3.5 years. I'll first start off talking about the paint which I can safely rate at 9/10. It has minor rock chips on the usual places such as roof, fender, front bumper which are barely noticeable. It was recently properly paint corrected and ceramic coated (CSL/EXO) last month, which should last 3-5 years of full protection on the vehicle depending on what environment it is in. The exterior is like absolute glass as you can see in the pictures provided. Many, many people compliment me on how well I take care of the car, inside and out.

The interior is easily a 9/10. The driver seat bolsters have barely any crease marks as I am always cautious and aware of how I enter and exit the vehicle. Not to mention, the rare parchment seats in this vehicle are absolutely pristine. This torch red coupe came equipped with the parchment seats back in 2003, only of which 59 were manufactured with the color/interior combination. I can safely say two people have sat in the rear seats one particular time. As far as the passenger seat, occasional passengers ride in it and their clothes are ALWAYS checked prior to sitting in my car.

The engine has never been opened or caused me any issues. Since ownership, it has not made any noises from the engine that have made me think twice, wow maybe I should get that looked at, including the infamous head tick these cars go through.

I cannot lie and say this car was absolutely babied or never seen 6k RPMs, because that would be wrong, it has. I have done highway pulls, and I went to Lebanon Valley Drag Strip twice, where it saw maybe a total of 10 passes. My second visit to the strip, I blew the rear end, snapped a half shaft and twisted my 26 spline input shaft. Since that, all was properly and professionally repaired by Janetty's in Waterbury, CT and Basal's Transmission in Glastonbury, CT. I have the receipts for all of these repairs. The car has the typical IRS Clunk when accelerating from a dead stop and whine due to the solid bushings installed to eliminate "wheel hop". As far as shifting goes, there are zero issues casually driving or under power.

The car currently sits on a set of OEM BBS Staggered (18x8.5/18x10) set of RK Plasma's. If you're not entirely sure of what these are, try to find another set w/ new tires and freshly coated wheels for less than 3-4grand. The wheels were recoated and sent out from Elite Rim Repair in Plainview, NY to Winona PVD Coating where they were given a fresh "Bright Chrome" PVD finish.

Further, I have a massive black binder full of paperwork/dyno sheet/receipts from the previous 3 owners, and paperwork that I have collected since ownership. Paperwork includes original pictures when the car was purchased, time capsule SVT handouts and brochures when the vehicle was purchased. This binder will go with the buyer of the vehicle.

Title in hand!

Attached Images

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote