The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 02-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default North Florida getting pounded by rain...

Looks like we are going to drown up here. The driveway is flooded. Won't be driving the vettes anywhere for the next few days. The road will be a mud pit for a while. The roads dept. put a coating of something on the sandy road that made it into pure muck when it gets wet. Yeah, THAT sure helped things! I think they are just angry because we refuse to donate a 50 foot rightofway through our land to get it paved. Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting the road paved, but a 50 foot easement through our 50 acres is a sizeable chunk of land. We are NOT just going to give that away for free.
Attached Images

Unread 02-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

You guys just about always get more rain from fronts in winter than us down south. Nothing here in the last 10 days.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I think they are just angry because we refuse to donate a 50 foot rightofway through our land to get it paved. Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting the road paved, but a 50 foot easement through our 50 acres is a sizeable chunk of land. We are NOT just going to give that away for free.
Some day they will just take it from you under "emminent domain" like they do for the highways. There were alot of displaced people in Tampa when they scooped up all the houses for two blocks on either side of I-275 for their widening project that began a few months ago.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Stated out cloudy, but when I drove to the Hob Nod It was sunny & dry. Now I'm watching the big orange ball set on the tree line, besides, you guys need the rain.
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
Gary S

Name :
Gary S has disabled reputation

It was a beautiful day is south west Florida but we could use some rain. Hopefully not on the weekend.
Gary S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Just hitting us now, there's a orange line running west to east (usually stretches south to north) all the way from gulf county that is parrallel with my house. Funnel clouds and waterspouts have been sited. Oh yea!! Looks like I may be getting this for an hour or more.

On a side note, I saw you yesterday afternoon when I was heading to Tallahassee Rich.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Just hitting us now, there's a orange line running west to east (usually stretches south to north) all the way from gulf county that is parrallel with my house. Funnel clouds and waterspouts have been sited. Oh yea!! Looks like I may be getting this for an hour or more.

On a side note, I saw you yesterday afternoon when I was heading to Tallahassee Rich.
Yeah, I just caught your wave as you were passing.... Probably too late for you to catch my wave back at ya. I usually go up into town to get my mail from the Tallahassee post office on Wednesdays, weather permitting. Also stopped by CompUSA to play vulture and pick up a couple of things they still have left. Connie works down at Myway Seafood on Wednesdays, so I sometimes run down there to visit and troll for other vettes along the way.

Been raining cats and dogs for hours now. The guys coming in say the road through our property is a real mess. Looks like the vets are grounded for a while. Still thundering and lightning to beat the band. Well, only 39 more days and 39 more nights left before I will be wishing I had built that ark.

Where were the tornados sighted? Man, that's ALL I would need... See the vets flying through the tree tops. Or coming through the front door of the house.
Unread 02-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Some day they will just take it from you under "emminent domain" like they do for the highways. There were alot of displaced people in Tampa when they scooped up all the houses for two blocks on either side of I-275 for their widening project that began a few months ago.
Won't happen. If they don't have the money to buy the land, they certainly aren't going to have it to pay an attorney for all eternity either. And if that fails, every morning they are going to be wondering how their road working machinery got so damaged over night. Jeff, you didn't read this........

NOBODY is taking my property away from me. Stealing is stealing, regardless of WHO is doing it.
Unread 02-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
Rich Z

Looks like a major line of storms training through south of us now. Probably pretty nasty down along the coast near Panacea....
Attached Images

Unread 02-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #10
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

The funnel clouds and waterspouts were sighted in Gulf county about an hour ago. And, yes, the line of storms to the south are on top of ME! I'm west of Sopchoppy. It's taken a little dip south of me at this time, but appears that it will shift north again in about a half an hour or so.....Round two I guess. And, no, I didn't read any of that..... I saw your wave, just wasn't sure you new it was me, I got a new car. Of course they all look alike, right?
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote