The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road
Default Christmas

Why on earth are we hearing Christmas music already? I was in Wally world Sunday and I all of a sudden noticed that there was Christmas music coming over the speakers in the store! I looked at my watch, because I thought maybe I was rip van winkle and slept a whole month, but alas,, no such luck! It was November 4th!!!!!!!!! Then my wife points out that in a flier she found in a cart, that Wally world is setting up their Christmas exhibit now so they announce that Christmas music will be sounding off now. Then I get home and Dell is running ads on TV with Christmas music in the commercial!!

What ever happened to getting through with one holiday before you start another one!! I remember as a kid the Christmas music wouldn't start until AFTER Thanksgiving. Then the trend was to start a day or two before Thanksgiving so the retail world could induce the new phenomenon called BLACK FRIDAY, when all the serious shoppers (crazies if you ask me tho) line up AROUND a store to try and get 3 laptops they may have on sale for $50.00

Now the stores and TV ads start with the Christmas jingles the day of or day after Halloween!!!! AAARRRGGHHHHHH!!!!

Takes the spirit out of the holiday and definitely ruins it for me when I am sick and tired of it before December even starts.....

AAARRGGHHHHH!!!!

Rant over (Until I hear another friggin Christmas Jingle before Thanksgiving).
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

HAH! That's the way the retail stores do it these days. Try to find summer clothes in August. By then all the Winter stuff is out. All the stores crank down the A/C to make you feel cold and the warmer clothing looks more attractive. By January, Spring clothing will be on the shelves and tough luck if you need a sweater.

Christmas has gotten WAY too commercialized. Since when is it all about putting people into a "gimme" mood? The stores don't GIVE away that stuff, but instead are looking at your wallet in their own "gimme" frame of mind.
Unread 11-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
Curious George

Name :
Curious George has disabled reputation

Rich Z is absolutely correct. I work for a large corporation (Wal-Mart is one of our customers) and sales have been down or flat the entire year. In an attempt to induce consumers to spend money, many retail stores are starting the X-mas selling season early. Unfortunately, Wal-Mart, Circuit City and Best Buy (The big three) have conditioned the average consumer to wait until an item is on sale before buying. These "Super Stores" have done more harm, than good, to the US economy.

CG
Curious George is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

I heard it at the movies Sat in the parking lot after we saw American Gangster. Wow!
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

I was upset because........ Before I could get the girls a halloween costume, The xmas stuff was allready up

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Angry Give us a Break!!

I am also tired of this early Christmas....By the time it comes we are all BURNT-OUT!!

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 12:54 PM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote