The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #11
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

I think cigarettes and alcohol are taking it to far. They aren't illegal, so I could care less if somebody does them. But using my tax money to break the law? That pisses me off.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #12
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
I think cigarettes and alcohol are taking it to far. They aren't illegal, so I could care less if somebody does them. But using my tax money to break the law? That pisses me off.
They may me legal, but are still damaging addictive drugs. Cig's kill app 500,000 a year in the US, and all illegal drugs combined kill app. 15,000. Alcohol causes more economic money & personal & family hardship than any substance known to man. The legality issue is because prohibition failed.....I'm looking at the common sense side, not the legality. I don't want the leaders of our country under the influence of ANY drugs legal or not, and welfare recipients should be required to use the $$ for needed household items. Food, clothes, rent, etc.
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
69smallblock

Name :
69smallblock has disabled reputation
Default testing

I work for a school system in maintenance. us foodservice and custodians busdrivers are under random drug tests but for some reason teachers are not and neither are any of the people in district office or the superentendent nor are any of the directors or there secretaries no one in finance is either doesnt seem quite fair to me I am in south west florida
69smallblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #14
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69smallblock View Post
I work for a school system in maintenance. us foodservice and custodians busdrivers are under random drug tests but for some reason teachers are not and neither are any of the people in district office or the superentendent nor are any of the directors or there secretaries no one in finance is either doesnt seem quite fair to me I am in south west florida
Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander. They are the ones that should be FIRST in line for the testing.....well bus drivers should be pretty high up as well.
Unread 11-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #15
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I would think that the greater the responsibility and authority that any person has, the more critical that their decision making ability NOT be impaired by drugs of any kind.

Seriously would ANYONE be comfortable thinking that the person with a finger on the RED button might be whacked out on cocaine at the wrong moment?
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #16
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
They may me legal, but are still damaging addictive drugs. Cig's kill app 500,000 a year in the US, and all illegal drugs combined kill app. 15,000. Alcohol causes more economic money & personal & family hardship than any substance known to man. The legality issue is because prohibition failed.....I'm looking at the common sense side, not the legality. I don't want the leaders of our country under the influence of ANY drugs legal or not, and welfare recipients should be required to use the $$ for needed household items. Food, clothes, rent, etc.
Sounds like population control to me.

Actually, I have yet to see a reason to ban tobacco. Note that not only do I hate being around someone who is smoking, but I am allergic to tobacco. But when was the last time that a cigarette made somebody shoot somebody else? It may be addictive and harmful, but as long as a gov't official is considerate of others when he/she smokes I could care less.

Alcohol is the same note. Drinking and operating any machinery is a definite no-no though. And if a guy gets drunk and gets in a fight and busts somebody up, then he will face the consequences of his action. Banning any use of alcohol because one person ****s up is like confiscating and crushing all Corvettes because the police found a guy using stolen parts on his Vette.

Another note worth making is that I don't have any opinion on marijuana. It isn't really that harmful, it doesn't inspire extreme violence (from what I've seen). But as long as it is illegal and I am barred by law from using it, and have to take a test for it, then everyone should. Especially gov't employees and those living off welfare and anything else my tax money touches.

I don't feel the need to use any of the above since I feel that any addiction is a weakness. But I'll be damned if I'm supposed to live in a double standard and like it. So I agree with you on the last line for anything already illegal.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote