The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 02-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #91
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Man, I know my thermometers were all saying it was 60 degrees outside today, but it sure as heck didn't FEEL like it. Connie said the same thing. It felt more like 40 degrees. The cold air just felt painful on our bare skin.

I'm thinking I might want to buy a couple of more vehicles to try to contribute more CO2 to the atmosphere and get that global warming stuff here a bit more quickly. What exactly is supposed to be the downside to warmer weather anyway? People up north just don't like it?
Unread 02-14-2016, 07:55 PM   #92
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Sweat! The downside is sweat! I love working outside this time of year because I'm not soaked in sweat and it's not running in my eyes with gnats or mosquitos bothering me. I can always put more clothes on if I get cold but there are only so many you can take off when it gets hot.
Unread 02-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #93
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck I might go through 3 or even 4 changes of clothes during the summer when I am working outside, but I really don't mind that. It's my chance to lose some weight. Much better than paying to work out in a gym. Plus I can always jump into the pool to cool off.

Now mosquitoes, yeah, not real fond of them, and they will keep me inside if they are too thick. But we have them here even in the Winter months, so it's really just the luck of the draw as to when we will get those horrendous blooms of them. And oh yeah, let's not forget yellow flies. THOSE little monsters will keep us barricaded in the house when they are roaming free looking for blood. You can ignore a mosquito bite, but them? No way. Those suckers HURT.

But cold temperatures in general? Got no use for it. It belongs in the refrigerator, freezer, and air conditioner, and nowhere else in my life.

Now moderate temperatures, like in the mid 60s to mid 70s, yeah, that's perfect weather for me to be working outside. Like today, for instance. Was outside clearing out some small trees and just broke into a light sweat and moderate blisters on my hands.
Unread 02-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #94
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

This years El Nino was a total dud like i said it would be last summer.

I had more rain last Dec thru Feb than this year.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote