• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

99 Vert (points of interest)

chris308

spam sniper
Hey folks,

I have a 99 vert set up to look at tomorrow. I have looked at a few cars already all coupes and one FRC. I have looked at the battery for leak damage, the rear diff for leaks. Some of the coupes weather stripping.... is there things on a vert that i need to look at? I am sure the condition of the top is a major one yes?

TIA!!

chris

chris308 said:
Hey folks,

I have a 99 vert set up to look at tomorrow. I have looked at a few cars already all coupes and one FRC. I have looked at the battery for leak damage, the rear diff for leaks. Some of the coupes weather stripping.... is there things on a vert that i need to look at? I am sure the condition of the top is a major one yes?

TIA!!

chris
Not sure with the verts :shrug01: but that KFC bucket you have for a hat is the bomb :rofl1: :thumbsup: :lmao:

:wavey: The only things I can think of off the top of my head is to look for *evidence of a leak issue. Musty odor, damp wet carpet, water trails or spots etc. from possible leaking
*Also, make sure the top doesn't Bind when it's being stowed.
*Check the Rubber (weather stripping )that the top seats against when it's in the up position for a proper seal, rot and or missing pieces.
*Listen for excessive wind noise when driving (to try to pin point trouble spots in the seal).
Is there anything else guys and gals???:confused:

I'm sure you've thought of these things already as they're No Brainers:thumbsup: .

~Ray

thanks for the replys guys!!

btw, lol thats not me in my avatar. That would be buckethead. He's a bad-a$$ guitarist who i believe is currently playing for GNR on tour.

Sure thing Chris!:thumbsup:
IMG_3432.jpg

~Ray

Back