The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

View Poll Results: How are gasoline prices affecting your driving habits?
Not at all. I drive just like I used to do. 33 62.26%
Reduced driving somewhat, but not a lot. 18 33.96%
Driving has been a LOT but still do some fun trips. 1 1.89%
Only drive when absolutely necessary and no FUN trips. 1 1.89%
Don't drive at all and use public transportation until this ends. 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-29-2006, 03:05 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default How has the gasoline price crunch affected your driving habits lately?

Well, gasoline prices are shooting through the roof and there really doesn't seem to be any end in sight. So I'm just curious to see how this may be affecting everyone's driving habits. Is it making an impact in your lifestyle?
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2006, 08:03 AM   #2
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I don't go out much during the week. Back and forth to work. Except for Doctor's or Dentist appointments, I usually only run errands on the way home or to work. Keep in mind I work at night. I drive as little as possible during the peak traffic times. Except for an occasional cruise, I don't even take the Z out on my days off (They are during the week). When I actually get any, we use my wife's car. I've been working 6 and 7 days a week. I can get one tank of gas to last almost two weeks.

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
Zach

Name :
Zach is on a distinguished road

Honestly not one bit. Perhaps when it reaches higher prices such as $4.00/gallon I might drive a bit more gas-conscious...right now I try not to let it affect me, however. At the end of the year it's not going to add up to enough to where I would want to not drive the way I do. Right now I'm paying mid to high $30's for gas per week in my Audi (requires 93)...with the Vette it's going to be a jump from that.
Unread 04-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I have a company car so I only put a few thousand miles a year on the car anyway. I average from 2500-5000 a year. 95% of my use is fun or relieving the "itch" to feel the acceleration beneath my seat.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #5
FourG63 97GST

Name :
FourG63 97GST is on a distinguished road

I dont even look at gas prices. It's not like I'm not going to buy gas and the oil companies know this.
I'm little lighter on the pedal and doing the 1-3-5 shift deal sometimes.
FourG63 97GST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

No, I haven't backed off driving. It's still cheap entertainment all things considered, and driving the Z is entertainment for me. I don't use it for a beater. I hate what the petroleum companies and the speculators are doing to gas prices though. I drive a lot in my work. I am a real estate appraiser and real estate sales associate, so I'm out everyday driving Sarasota and surrounding counties. I really think about the gas I'm burning driving for my work. But, when I get in the vette and go for a spin, I don't give it much thought. Best money I can spend. Figure it this way, just pleasure driving, I might burn $25. a week, maybe a little more. But hey, most enjoyable $25. I spend in a week. I know to some extent the petroleum industry is counting on my continued use of their product, I will do what I can to conserve when I'm working and running to the store for something, but I drive the Z as much as ever and will continue to do so.

Quote:
with the Vette it's going to be a jump from that.
Zach, if you can keep your foot out of it you will be surprised how the vette compares to the Audi. 28 to 30 MPG is not an unreasonable expectation
Unread 04-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #7
Zach

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile
Zach, if you can keep your foot out of it you will be surprised how the vette compares to the Audi. 28 to 30 MPG is not an unreasonable expectation
Considering I do quite a bit of highway mileage, if I drive like a normal human being I'll get great mileage!

My Audi is rated at something like 22 MPG city/ 25 highway...I was suprised to see that I get just a little under 20 when I'm driving it hard all the time.
Unread 05-01-2006, 12:59 AM   #8
gsjack

Name :
gsjack is on a distinguished road

To me, my Vettes are cheaper than seeing a shrink. So no, do not even really look at the price of gas.
If i want to play, i need to pay anyway.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
gsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2006, 01:09 AM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck, and I thought I was just being a jerk because I didn't give a flip about the cost of gasoline either. Otherwise I would be de-tuning the engine to be able to run the regular gasoline in the Z.

I do so little driving anyway, that I suppose it's not going to make that much of a difference either way. But I am glad that the wife and I got rid of our full sized Broncos we had when we first moved down here. They would have been eating us alive by now guzzling the gasoline like they did.

But still, you have to wonder how these gas prices are going to affect a lot of other things.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #10
Zach

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
But still, you have to wonder how these gas prices are going to affect a lot of other things.
I've been doing a little too much wondering lately. I'm writing a detailed research paper on something very closely related - peak oil.