• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Detailing Help.

Mac98vette

I was cleaning my Vette today , the console, I sprayed a little of Greased Lightning on the console and rubbed it with a tooth brush, I then drug my finger nails over it and my nails were all black from 9 years of Armoral. After about an hour I only cleaned about a 2 inch square. My question is. Does anybody out there know of a good cleaner that doesn't take to much work to get my console clean? Also how hard is it to remove my console? The only thing I use on my dash and console is Lemon Pledge in the spray can. I got a little bit of black on my leather seat and I cleaned that with a leather cleaner, I again drug my finger nails accross it and I could see it was a lot cleaner where my nails dragged accrossed it. What is the best leather cleaner to use? I've had the car for about 6 months and I want it to look its best.:shrug01:

Check with Joe & Kellie at FLASH. There link is on the left side of the page. They are a site sponsor and very helpful.

Opinion from a former Zaino user...

:iagree: Get ahold of Joe from Flashwax, he's Always eager to assist!
Cherry Bomb is what i've used on the interior (dash, door panels etc) as well as in the engine compartment. Brown Royal is another product that works really well on getting stuff off the paint, and Especially the rims etc...
I figure for $30.00 plus shipping (if required) is well worth the $ for a starter kit. Or just buy the Cherry Bomb (which isn't in the starter kit) for $3.95 Either way...It's guaranteed !:dancer01:
Again, get with Joe (e-mail him) and discuss what's best for your needs.
I'll say this...Other products MAY (and I stress May) be just as good.???? But why spend more $ if ya don't have to? IMHO!

I really believe you're going to be happy if ya do, I was!!:thumbsup:

RaysVette026.jpg

d21356c6.jpg

Respectfully,

~Ray

You know, it's funny but all the products I've tried for the leather seats and steering wheel I've found I get great results with plain old saddle soap. You should see the stuff that comes off the steering wheel!! Where have my hands been??? (no comments necessary) Anyway, I'm not saying the other products don't work well and smell nice, but it's a can of saddle soap for me :yesnod:

check out Adams Polishes. Their leather cleaner works very nice as well as their polish and cleaning supplies. He is also a forum vendor and has awesome customer service. Good luck. Mark

Thanks for all the help. I bought some saddle soap, for the leather and it worked great. I also bought some supplies from Flash and I,m very pleased with the results.

MACDADDYGREENVETTE said:
Thanks for all the help. I bought some saddle soap, for the leather and it worked great. I also bought some supplies from Flash and I,m very pleased with the results.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I may just have to try Saddle Soap since 2Vettes and now you have used and recommended it.:thumbsup:
Funny...I have it out in the barn and never thought about using it :shrug01:

~Ray

Back