• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Windshield decal removal

vett boy

It was a cling on decal that I removed .No problem but it left red letters on the inside of my windshield .I'm considering ,nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol ?Any thoughts.?????

Klingon huh?

Kaplah! Maybe?

On a more serious note....I'd probably try 409 or Windex with amonia first since it's glass.

If not, then go with the nail polish remover for it's acetone base.

Shadow;112413 If not said:
Tried Fantastic and 409 with no results.I'm concerned about the factory tint .Since I'm going for the rugged stuff I've decided to remove the windshield so as not to damage the dash and surrounding area.:lmao:

Tried Fantastic and 409 with no results.I'm concerned about the factory tint .Since I'm going for the rugged stuff I've decided to remove the windshield so as not to damage the dash and surrounding area.:lmao:
If thats a Corvette Valley or Corvettes Anonymous Decal,use just a little mineral spirits on a soft cloth!:thumbsup:

:D

If thats a Corvette Valley or Corvettes Anonymous Decal,use just a little mineral spirits on a soft cloth!:thumbsup:

:D

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Thats what I was thinking with the polish remover....ascetone.

Did you try WIndex with amonia?
Shouldn't harm anything and might work.

I would take the dash out over windshield removal. I'm always afraid of dropping and cracking the glass.

I would take the dash out over windshield removal. I'm always afraid of dropping and cracking the glass.
To late I've removed the windshield and shipped it UPS to Junkie ,ya see he was the one that installed the sticker in the first place.

It all's working out fine ,when I drive it the glass looks really clean .The only issue was I accidentally turned on the wipers and got a bloody nose .

Seriously the mineral spirits worked fine.:D Thanks all

Back