The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > 2009 Florida Caravan

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

2009 Florida Caravan All updates and general discussion regarding the 2009 National Caravan

Unread 09-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR6speed View Post
Here is what is on the NCM web site.

Some Caravan Home Pages do not give as much information as others regarding the exact route, departure & arrival times, stops, etc. In large part this is due to pending track events along the way which cannot be finalized till December 31st. NASCAR has agreements with many facilities which prohibits the tracks from signing agreements with anyone else for the following year till December 31st. The date at the top left of each Caravan's page tells when it was last updated.

HOTELS:
There has been a tremendous amount of rumor and misinformation regarding hotels in Bowling Green. Here are some facts:

1. There are about 2,600 rooms in Bowling Green and another 2,000 available in our immediate regional area (less than 30 minutes).

2. Some hotels are fully spoken for, while others actually are not but they are not taking any more block or room requests at this time. Their computer systems cannot handle reservations more than 50 weeks out. Expect to find there are rooms to be found about two weeks after this Labor Day.

3. Some Captains do have room blocks set aside for their participants in Bowling Green as well as Nashville.

4. We have been publicizing Caravan '09 for several years and there are a large number of groups, clubs, individuals, etc. who have been proactive and contacted motel/hotel sales departments for blocks of rooms. As these groups fail to FILL their blocks - the balance of rooms will go back into inventory. Expect to see numerous rooms right in town open up during the last 4 to 6 weeks before caravan.

5. In 2003 we had over 11,000 caravan participants, assuming 2 per car (and room) that would be 5,500 rooms and everyone found a place to stay and there WERE empty room in Bowling Green.

6. Since the 2003 Caravan there have been a number of new hotels constructed in Franklin, KY (exits 2 & 5) with another scheduled to open late this fall, so the room inventory will increase even more.

7. There are always a number of people who prefer staying down in Nashville, particularly at the huge Opryland Hotel.

8. This caravan is no different than the previous 3 caravans - there should be no issue with everyone finding rooms.

It is recommended that you secure a reservation wherever you can as soon as you can. Then check periodically with the Bowling Green Convention & Visitors Bureau: http://www.visitbgky.com/caravan/ The CVB is coordinating with all of the hotels, including those in Franklin, and can be helpful to you especially as time shortens, to locate and offer rooms from those blocks that weren't fully used.

Seeing that we are at the 50 week mark, this maybe the time to try and see if the hotels in and around Bowling Green are opening up for room blocks.

Thanks for the post Jack.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #12
Captain EZ

Name :
Captain EZ is on a distinguished road
Default Update just posted

An update has just been posted on the Florida page of the official caravan web site

Go to: http://www.corvettecaravan.com/fl/
for the latest information.

Nothing new on the Georgia leg at this time.
Please be patient! We are working on it!
NCM Ambassador to SCA
OSC Corvette Corral, St. Pete. Grand Prix '07 & '08!
Florida Captain, Caravan 2009
Captain EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
CK 6

Name :
CK 6 has disabled reputation

What do the flags look like. This is my first caravan so I don't have a frame of reference.
CK 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #14
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I'm curious how the flags attach and also how they look. Ernie, can you elaborate on this?
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #15
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
I'm curious how the flags attach and also how they look. Ernie, can you elaborate on this?

They are slotted and slide over the top of the window, then you close the window on them and the weather strip holds them. Its the same as the football team and other such flags people have on their cars lately. I will try to find a pic of the flag and post it here.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I was looking for something that would attach to the visor bracket when the top is down and clipped on for a show or cruise in. I don't want to have something in the window while I'm driving.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 04:57 PM   #17
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

Ernie, Are you going to the Ultimate Corvette Party on November 22nd? If yes and you have flags please bring some. Thanks.
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #18
Captain EZ

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
I was looking for something that would attach to the visor bracket when the top is down and clipped on for a show or cruise in. I don't want to have something in the window while I'm driving.
When my top is down I attach it to the trim area between visors. It fits perfectly. I have driven at 65mph with no problem.
NCM Ambassador to SCA
Unread 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #19
Captain EZ

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
What do the flags look like. This is my first caravan so I don't have a frame of reference.
Go to: http://www.corvettecaravan.com/
Scroll to bottom of page.
Photos of flags and decals.
NCM Ambassador to SCA
Unread 10-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #20
Captain EZ

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb_njb View Post
Ernie, Are you going to the Ultimate Corvette Party on November 22nd? If yes and you have flags please bring some. Thanks.
Yes, I will be there.
If you buy them there, you will save the postage fee.
Flags are $15, decals are $10.

Not sure at this time if I will have a display table, trying to get an area at registration area.

If you don't see a display, look for my car. '06 Convertible, Yellow with ghost flames (on sides only). Of course, I will have a pair of Caravan flags flying proudly!
NCM Ambassador to SCA