The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club






Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Firearms and Other Weapons

      Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Firearms and Other Weapons Had a request for this forum, so here it is. Guess it will give me some place to talk about guns myself after selling my ArmsLocker forum.

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer
 
Rich Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Crawfordville, FL
Posts: 13,466
Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default CCW saves the day, apparently

But the perp's family isn't all that pleased about it....

__________________
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
85vette
Flight Crew
 
85vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: north florida
Posts: 1,683
Name :
85vette is on a distinguished road
Default

Well it's obvious that those people weren't brought up as I was. They should be thankful that he's even alive.
It appears the mindset is, it's ok to take whatever you want and no one has the right to interfere with that, except maybe the police. Kind of a looters attitude.
I suppose this thought process was passed down through generations perhaps. At least it gives that appearance with the statement given by the family member(s). Totally asinine. What is this world coming to?
__________________
"Don't ever count Tom Brady out."
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Kap142
Senior Member
 
Kap142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 2,391
Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default

"Better to have and not need then to need and not have". Those who know fully understand.
__________________
Quietly, quietly, quietly making noise.
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
zzzona
Member
 
zzzona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Safety Harbor
Posts: 682
Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation
Default

So he should have just walked away and minded his own business..Sounds like they should throw that b**ch in jail right along side him.
__________________
Democracy... Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
85vette
Flight Crew
 
85vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: north florida
Posts: 1,683
Name :
85vette is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
So he should have just walked away and minded his own business..
If you connect the dots using that logic it's conceivable that these individuals are Democrats. And Democrats, being like minded, typically believe in entitlements. Hence the motive for robbery was justified(in his mind)I'm sure.

And this same political party is against the "stand your ground" laws in the 23 states that allow you to defend yourself, or others, who face life threatening harm. A legally armed bystander presents a threat to those who use this method to "shop". That interferes with the Thug lifestyle for sure, so I follow the logic that his family has exhibited. And this is the same political party that believes if we all just give out firearms to the government, we'll all be safe and live happily ever after. Do you see a pattern here?
__________________
"Don't ever count Tom Brady out."
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Kap142
Senior Member
 
Kap142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 2,391
Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default

I believe the degradation of civilized society continues unabated. PPPPPP.
__________________
Quietly, quietly, quietly making noise.
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer
 
Rich Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Crawfordville, FL
Posts: 13,466
Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
If you connect the dots using that logic it's conceivable that these individuals are Democrats. And Democrats, being like minded, typically believe in entitlements. Hence the motive for robbery was justified(in his mind)I'm sure.

And this same political party is against the "stand your ground" laws in the 23 states that allow you to defend yourself, or others, who face life threatening harm. A legally armed bystander presents a threat to those who use this method to "shop". That interferes with the Thug lifestyle for sure, so I follow the logic that his family has exhibited. And this is the same political party that believes if we all just give out firearms to the government, we'll all be safe and live happily ever after. Do you see a pattern here?
Yep.

I found it interesting in the aftermath of the Zimmerman crap that the segment of the population most likely to be affected negatively by the Stand Your Ground law would be so adamantly against it.

I'm sure the crowd engaging in their little "knock out" games aren't very appreciative of citizens throwing a wet blanket on their "fun", now are they?

The Stand Your Ground law ceases the coddling of the perpetrators and more rightly helps victims stand against perps without fear of the legal aftermath when the family, as shown in the original post here, want to go after the REAL victim with civil action.

If you raise your children to be animals, they will likely be treated as such. So whose fault is that?
__________________
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
Kap142
Senior Member
 
Kap142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 2,391
Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yep.

I found it interesting in the aftermath of the Zimmerman crap that the segment of the population most likely to be affected negatively by the Stand Your Ground law would be so adamantly against it.

I'm sure the crowd engaging in their little "knock out" games aren't very appreciative of citizens throwing a wet blanket on their "fun", now are they?

The Stand Your Ground law ceases the coddling of the perpetrators and more rightly helps victims stand against perps without fear of the legal aftermath when the family, as shown in the original post here, want to go after the REAL victim with civil action.

If you raise your children to be animals, they will likely be treated as such. So whose fault is that?
By golly Rich I think you've nailed it.
__________________
Quietly, quietly, quietly making noise.
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer
 
Rich Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Crawfordville, FL
Posts: 13,466
Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default

If anyone needs a reason to get a CCW permit, I think this will suffice.

Sounds to me that people need to be prepared when walking near people in a group. Give a wide berth and put your hand on your gun....





Stay ALERT to everyone around you....

This apparently is just a GAME to those critters.
__________________
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
85vette
Flight Crew
 
85vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: north florida
Posts: 1,683
Name :
85vette is on a distinguished road
Default

It's just such a shame what our country has become. Granted this appears to be generally happening in the northeast right now, but I'm sure it'll catch on in other areas too. One lady was 78! People will be afraid to go anywhere alone. Like he said, that could be your mother!
__________________
"Don't ever count Tom Brady out."
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collector Car Appreciation Day Friday, July 12th Cor66Vette Events and Happenings 2 06-28-2013 07:45 PM
April 13th St. Judes fund raiser Dyno day Tampa Tuning Events and Happenings 1 01-22-2013 07:19 AM
Corvette Racing Completes Successful Test Day in Le Mans cor123 Competitions and Racing Forum 0 04-24-2011 04:59 PM
Another Relentless Dyno Day!!!!!!! Feb 28th RelentlessNiSMo Events and Happenings 3 01-27-2009 04:02 PM
Drive your Vette to work day! JIM KILL Corvette Clubs and Organizations 2 06-27-2007 09:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.10804391 seconds with 11 queries
All material copyrighted by CorvetteFlorida.com and
the respective owners of the material posted.