The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 05-04-2020, 06:52 AM   #1
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default C7

May try to buy a 2019 C7. Talk me out of it.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Why not the C8?
Unread 05-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Personally I would be reluctant to buy a C8 in the first year of this new generation. GM has a history of screwing up when they implement a new model. I would consider the first year of any new generation as being a beta test model.

As for the C7, did they ever get the automatic transmission problems straightened out?

But then again, the main reason I sold the 2009 C6Z was because of the cylinder head problems noted on the LS7 caused by machining errors on those heads made in Mexico. GM wasn't owning up to it, so basically it was a crap shoot whether or not your LS7 might drop a valve into a cylinder, ruining your day. So screw that. I traded it in on the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and moved on.

Of course, no vehicle or brand of vehicles is going to be perfect and problem free. But I just haven't had much luck with the results I have gotten from any Chevy dealership's service department. So I have been soured, to say the least.
Unread 05-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Personally I would be reluctant to buy a C8 in the first year of this new generation. GM has a history of screwing up when they implement a new model. I would consider the first year of any new generation as being a beta test model.

As for the C7, did they ever get the automatic transmission problems straightened out?

But then again, the main reason I sold the 2009 C6Z was because of the cylinder head problems noted on the LS7 caused by machining errors on those heads made in Mexico. GM wasn't owning up to it, so basically it was a crap shoot whether or not your LS7 might drop a valve into a cylinder, ruining your day. So screw that. I traded it in on the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and moved on.

Of course, no vehicle or brand of vehicles is going to be perfect and problem free. But I just haven't had much luck with the results I have gotten from any Chevy dealership's service department. So I have been soured, to say the least.
Seems since the fluid change the A8 has been much better. I will buy a Range device that keeps it in V8 mode all the time. Says it saves wear and tear on the T/C since it won't be going into 4 and 8 banger mode a 1000 times a day.
Unread 05-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Seems since the fluid change the A8 has been much better. I will buy a Range device that keeps it in V8 mode all the time. Says it saves wear and tear on the T/C since it won't be going into 4 and 8 banger mode a 1000 times a day.
That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. Seriously, who buys a Corvette because they are concerned about gas mileage and wants it to go into 4 cylinder power? I sure as heck wouldn't.

The Grand Cherokee does the same thing, but honestly, so far I haven't been able to tell that it is doing so. There are ways you can trick it into not dropping down into 4 cylinder, but I haven't had a reason to try them. I will say that I am darn glad I didn't by the V6 version instead of the 8 cylinder hemi. I guess they couldn't work out a satisfactory method of dropping it down to less cylinders so they came up with a method of saving gasoline that I'm sure some genius at the funny farm came up with. When you come to a full stop, the engine shuts off. Completely. Yeah, I couldn't believe it neither. Had they implemented that in the 8 cylinder, I would have taken it back to the dealership during the test drive and told them to keep it. They claim that the heavy duty starter they put on those engines will prevent any undue wear and problems. Yeah, right... Sheesh.... Probably not a coincidence that they dropped the lifetime warranty that Jeep used to offer. I wouldn't buy one of those on a dare.
Unread 05-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #6
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. Seriously, who buys a Corvette because they are concerned about gas mileage and wants it to go into 4 cylinder power? I sure as heck wouldn't.

The Grand Cherokee does the same thing, but honestly, so far I haven't been able to tell that it is doing so. There are ways you can trick it into not dropping down into 4 cylinder, but I haven't had a reason to try them. I will say that I am darn glad I didn't by the V6 version instead of the 8 cylinder hemi. I guess they couldn't work out a satisfactory method of dropping it down to less cylinders so they came up with a method of saving gasoline that I'm sure some genius at the funny farm came up with. When you come to a full stop, the engine shuts off. Completely. Yeah, I couldn't believe it neither. Had they implemented that in the 8 cylinder, I would have taken it back to the dealership during the test drive and told them to keep it. They claim that the heavy duty starter they put on those engines will prevent any undue wear and problems. Yeah, right... Sheesh.... Probably not a coincidence that they dropped the lifetime warranty that Jeep used to offer. I wouldn't buy one of those on a dare.
I had a 2013 RAM R/T and i never noticed it going into 4 banger mode.

That is why i bought a used C6 3 years ago since there was so many probs with the A8 in the C7. There was the triple flush and then the new fluid for the 2017 and up.
Unread 06-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #7
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
They didn't do it for your sake. It's CAFE standards. The manufacturers get fined for each vehicle sold that doesn't meet model year mileage standards. So they do these tricks tp improve the mileage enough to not get fined. My CTS V has the first to fourth "skip shift" for the same reason. Unless you're getting on it the thing forces the shift to fourth gear. I have it deleted though.
Unread 05-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #8
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Why not the C8?
Seem hard to come by and dealers are asking like 40k over sticker. I also fish offshore and i don't see me getting my cooler and Stuff in a C8. My Vette is my only car.

Looks like i am getting 0% on a new 2019 C7 1LT with a few extras. Car is in another state and Stingray Chevy in Plant city will have the car by the end of the week. I will check out the new C8 when i am at the dealer. It just don't look like there is half the room like my C6 coupe has.