The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 09-03-2020, 07:28 PM   #51
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Heck, because of this coronavirus thing, Connie and I just haven't been traveling much at all. So our gasoline bill is practically nonexistent. We might do the Walmart curbside service once every week or two, and go to the post office twice a week. Both destinations are less than 5 miles from our house.

Probably will be running to Ace Hardware tomorrow to get some propane tanks filled for the mosquito magnets, but again, less than 5 miles away. Hasn't rained in the past 24 hours so maybe I can take the C5Z out for a spin sometime soon. Even then, I rarely go more than 30 miles or so. But I guess I don't want that gasoline sitting in the tank for too long before putting in fresh.

As for the C8, probably best to let everyone else do the beta testing for GM anyway and get the kinks worked out. Or at least identified so you know exactly what sort of quirks you will be getting into with this newer generation. Right now everyone likely has stars in their eyes with that new sharp looking design, so I'm guessing they are just throwing money at the car salesmen. I suppose a good chunk of the first buyers are speculators just going to flip the cars on Ebay for a tidy profit.
GM has 6 years to fix the C7 and never did. Bad rear ends, A8 trans, cracked wheels and on and on.

Now older C6 's are ticking time bombs with the gas tank leak.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #52
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I would never go over 55k for any car. So them prices are well above what i can deal with.
Unread 09-03-2020, 08:47 PM   #53
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I thought the CTS-V had the LS6 engine in it? Anything coming out recently would have the newer LT generation engines in it, I would imagine.
My 2004 has the LS-6 as did the 2005. Originally rated at 400 hp, they have recently admitted that actual hp figures are closer to 450 hp. This engine also was rumored to have found it's way into at least some of the Florida Highway Patrol's Camaro interceptor cars. (And, yes, I did get to "test drive" one, but I'll never admit it in court.)

They switched to the LS-2 for 2006-2007 making the same alleged 400 hp, but with a "better" torque curve I understand.

2008-2014 brought the LSA, which was a 556 hp variant of the Z06's LS-9.

The latest generation, 2014-2019 uses the LT-4 making 640 hp. I haven't kept up with the Corvettes in , years but I know GM has often used interchangeable parts on the performance V-8's. It appears the CTS V only offers an automatic on the 2014 and up cars. And no more V-8 is in the line up at all after 2019, but several V models making north of 400 hp with the V-6 engines.
Unread 09-04-2020, 01:37 AM   #54
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
GM has 6 years to fix the C7 and never did. Bad rear ends, A8 trans, cracked wheels and on and on.

Now older C6 's are ticking time bombs with the gas tank leak.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that gas tank snafu. Fortunately I got rid of Connie's 2007 and my 2009 before that particular problem showed up. I wasn't real keen about them putting the fuel pump up on the top of the gas tank anyway. The sensors for gas gauges don't last forever, and it would make the repair expensive if you paid someone to do it, and a pain in the ass if you did it yourself. My C5Z has the fuel pump (actually dual pumps) mounted on the back side of the tank, so it's much easier to get to. Still no picnic, though.

Of course, truth be known, I have no idea where the fuel pump mounts on my two jeeps. It's not something think about when buying a vehicle. You normally only find out about it when one goes bad on you.

I had to replace the pump in Connie's Chevy truck a while back, and it too was mounted on the top of the gas tank. Easiest way I found to work on it was to lift the truck bed off of the frame and get to the gas tank that way. Actually wasn't all that bad. Not an option on passenger cars, though.
Unread 09-04-2020, 01:40 AM   #55
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
2008-2014 brought the LSA, which was a 556 hp variant of the Z06's LS-9.
I think the Z06s were all using LS7s for those model years. If I remember correctly, I believe the LS9 was used in the ZR-1s.
Unread 09-04-2020, 07:16 AM   #56
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

I just don't know what fast car i want the next time. Mustang GT does nothing for me as i already had a 2015 GT.
Unread 10-04-2020, 08:51 AM   #57
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

One car i never knew about was the LT1 Camaro. More of a basic car under the SS but still has the LT1 and a new A10 auto that does not have the big time problems like the A8 auto does. Kinda looking around for one now.

Used car prices are way up now. Used C6's and 7's are way up also.
Unread 10-04-2020, 11:52 AM   #58
Rich Z

Maybe I should have waited a bit before trading in the '09 C6 Z06 on the Grand Cherokee. But honestly, once I learned about the potential head problems, and the extended warranty I bought had expired, I wasn't comfortable with the car any longer. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
Unread 10-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #59
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Got the new 2021 LT1 Camaro today. Runs darn good. No more big time lag like my 2019 C7 had and the same performance exhaust sounds much better than the C7 did.

I must have had a bum C7 all the way around.
Unread 10-10-2020, 08:00 PM   #60
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think the Z06s were all using LS7s for those model years. If I remember correctly, I believe the LS9 was used in the ZR-1s.
Yep, my mistake. The Caddy uses a detuned version of the ZR-1 engine, not the Z06.