The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 08-17-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Updated hurricare forecast for 2020

'Extremely active' hurricane season possible for Atlantic Basin

Things could get dicey with the CCP Virus floating around to complicate evacuation plans.
Unread 08-17-2020, 11:56 AM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

We're not safe anywhere these days Rich. This is not very far from where I ran into the tornado back in June.

https://whoradio.iheart.com/content/...icane-of-2020/
Unread 08-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
Rich Z

Yeah, tornadoes can sometimes be hurricanes, just on a much smaller scale, but just as destructive in the area they are taking place.

How are things traveling with this coronavirus thing, Jeff? Seems like half the people in the country are pissed at people who don't wear masks, and the other half pissed at people who do. Sometimes violently so.

I'm just hoping that the world hasn't changed to become a germophobic masked society from here on out.

Of course, I would be happy if people who used public rest rooms would just wash their hands after they had done their "business". Not that I think I will be using a public rest room anytime soon. Connie and I aren't getting out much lately. And anything that we can't get out and back before the day is done is pretty much out of the picture for a while. I'm still taking the virus serious until I see some solid believable proof that it is not the problem that some people are claiming it is. Too much damned lying about everything these days from sources that really shouldn't be doing that to the public.
Unread 08-17-2020, 07:57 PM   #4
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Upper levels have been all wrong so far and way too much dry air aloft. Things will need to change or we may see nothing but duds.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2020, 08:49 PM   #5
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Upper levels have been all wrong so far and way too much dry air aloft. Things will need to change or we may see nothing but duds.
Heck, I am all for that! Fortunately, weather forecasters seem to be wrong more times than they are right, so I appreciate when they make dire predictions.
Unread 08-18-2020, 07:51 AM   #6
85vette

Name :

Hard to say Rich. We have not heard of anyone we know having it other than one friend who contracted it on an oil rig and we haven't seen him in ten years or so. (and he's recovering nicely, mild symptoms) No one at our present company has it. Truck drivers like us typically stay out on the road for a month or more at a time and the only places we stop at are truck stops as there is really nowhere else to park these rigs. Maybe that's what's keeping us safe. The truck stops are diligent in requiring mask and doing extra cleaning but one has to wonder, just how clean can they get it? I don't know. We really are getting tired of wearing the mask for what appears to be a virus that's causing less real casualties than the flu does on a given year.
Unread 08-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Hard to say Rich. We have not heard of anyone we know having it other than one friend who contracted it on an oil rig and we haven't seen him in ten years or so. (and he's recovering nicely, mild symptoms) No one at our present company has it. Truck drivers like us typically stay out on the road for a month or more at a time and the only places we stop at are truck stops as there is really nowhere else to park these rigs. Maybe that's what's keeping us safe. The truck stops are diligent in requiring mask and doing extra cleaning but one has to wonder, just how clean can they get it? I don't know. We really are getting tired of wearing the mask for what appears to be a virus that's causing less real casualties than the flu does on a given year.
Yeah, I hear that. It would be pretty disgusting to learn that this coronavirus thing is just another politicized fake news weapon being utilized by the anti-Trump faction to try to damage his chances for re-election. I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting REALLY tired of all this BS.
Unread 08-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #8
85vette

Name :

We've had Swine Flu, H1N1 and probably others but this is the only one that's caused a panic. Surely seems like it's a manufactured panic. I have an idea everything will be fine after November 4th....
Unread 08-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
We've had Swine Flu, H1N1 and probably others but this is the only one that's caused a panic. Surely seems like it's a manufactured panic. I have an idea everything will be fine after November 4th....
Heck, I'm thinking that no matter who wins the election things are going to get MUCH worse.

As for this COVID-19, the world can't be just kept on ice for much longer. Sooner rather than later people are going to come to believe that the virus can't be as bad as the cure being forced down our throats.

And as for a vaccine? I will have to be rendered unconscious before I would take it. If the goal of all this is to get us injected with something, I'm just not playing that game.