• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C6R on LeMans Pole/ Results

It really sucks that the Aston beat the Vette. We race all year and they race once and win. A damn brake caliper is the difference. All in all a fun race to watch though. Audi vs. Peugeot was fun to watch. Deciding to run slicks to intermediate wets to full wets on an 8 mile track during bits of rain was a big challenge.

Better luck next year.

Yeah man. It sucks that the C6R has had some loses at the hand of the Ford Martin. I guess Ford did something considering the C5R never had any problems with it's wanna British competitor.

Yeah man. It sucks that the C6R has had some loses at the hand of the Ford Martin. I guess Ford did something considering the C5R never had any problems with it's wanna British competitor.

I guess the Vette domination caused the Aston's to step it up a few notches. As of March 2007 though, Aston Martin is no longer Ford (they retained a small stake though). Here's the story.

FORD ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT TO SELL ASTON MARTIN

DEARBORN, Mich., March, 12, 2007 – Ford Motor Company [NYSE: F] announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell Aston Martin, its prestigious sports car business, to a consortium comprised of David Richards, John Sinders, Investment Dar and Adeem Investment Co. This transaction is the result of Ford's decision, as announced in August 2006, to explore strategic options for the Aston Martin business as the company restructures its core automotive operations and builds liquidity.

The sale is expected to close during the second quarter and is subject to customary closing conditions, including applicable regulatory approvals. The transaction values Aston Martin at £479 million ($925 million). As part of the transaction, Ford will retain a £40 million ($77 million) investment in Aston Martin. Other terms and conditions specific to the sale are not being disclosed at this time.

"The sale of Aston Martin supports the key objectives of the company, to restructure to operate profitably at lower volumes and changed model mix and to speed the development of new products," said Alan Mulally, Ford's President and chief executive officer. "From Aston Martin's point of view, the sale will provide access to additional capital, which will allow Aston Martin to continue the growth it has experienced under Ford's stewardship. Today's announcement is good for Ford Motor Company, good for Aston Martin and good for the UK. We wish Aston Martin every possible success for the future."

The new owner of Aston Martin is a consortium comprised of: David Richards, founder and chairman of Prodrive, a world-leading motorsport and automotive technology company; John Sinders, an avid Aston Martin collector and a backer of Aston Martin Racing; and Investment Dar and Adeem Investment Co, international investment companies headquartered in Kuwait.

Thanks for the article bud. I feel a lot better now.

Aston Martins suck anyway. They are so overpriced and really don't offer anything. What are you buying? A tenth of a second at best for double the price? GARBAGE!!!!! I guess it's that "oh-so sophisticated" European suspension. Queers.:thumbsdown:

Thanks for the article bud. I feel a lot better now.

Aston Martins suck anyway. They are so overpriced and really don't offer anything. What are you buying? A tenth of a second at best for double the price? GARBAGE!!!!! I guess it's that "oh-so sophisticated" European suspension. Queers.:thumbsdown:

I agree. If I had $150,000 to spend on a car I'd get a Z06 add a few upgrades and go on a really long vacation, or buy a ZR1 and go on a really long vacation! I think my wife would love that.

Scott

I agree. If I had $150,000 to spend on a car I'd get a Z06 add a few upgrades and go on a really long vacation, or buy a ZR1 and go on a really long vacation! I think my wife would love that.

Scott

I don't think $150K would leave you much left over for a vacation for the first wave of ZR1s. I've seen stories of dealers marking up the ZR1s to as much as $200K. :eek:

Someone would have to be a REAL dyed in the wool Corvette fanatic to spend that much for a vette. I certainly love my vettes, but if I had $200K to spend, I can think of several other cars in that price range (more or less) that I would rather have. Heck, I decided to NOT liquidate much of my gun collection to buy a ZR1 even when I thought it would be ONLY $100K... Just give me a Z06 with the LS9 in it, please and thank you.... I really don't need the other stuff the ZR1 comes with.

I don't think $150K would leave you much left over for a vacation for the first wave of ZR1s. I've seen stories of dealers marking up the ZR1s to as much as $200K. :eek:

Very true Rich. And they'll probably get it to. Of course even if it was only $100k, I couldn't even afford to dream about getting one! :rofl1:

Heck, I really don't take the time to shoot any longer, so I could have gotten rid of a bunch of my guns and not really missed them to pay for the ZR1. But the car just isn't what I was hoping for. Maybe the ZR2 (if there will ever be such a thing) will hit the mark for me before I get too old to be able to handle it.

Heck, I really don't take the time to shoot any longer, so I could have gotten rid of a bunch of my guns and not really missed them to pay for the ZR1. But the car just isn't what I was hoping for. Maybe the ZR2 (if there will ever be such a thing) will hit the mark for me before I get too old to be able to handle it.

FYI: the ZR-2 was an S-10 4x4 option. :shrug01:

Rich, let me know if you start liquidating. I have a few inches of space in my gunsafe.

FYI: the ZR-2 was an S-10 4x4 option. :shrug01:

:lmao: It's true though. My sup' has an '06 Z06 and he just spent 10K+ on stainless headers, x-pipe with no cats, kept the Z06 exhaust, a supercharger and had it dynoed, retimed and tuned over at Pompano Autosales and is pushing over 700hp. All installed by them.

To buy a ZR1 I think I would have to win the lotto for at least 10mil and it would be basically buying it for bragging rights. For 200K, I could buy several vette's and put them in my sixteen car dream garage. What I think you are thinking of Rich will be the C7's top notch car. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the ZR1 is a springboard to the C7. I'm hoping Chevy does the right thing FINALLY and gives us a C7 Stingray.:yesnod: Hey, a fella can dream!

Back