The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Jacksonville Corvette Club

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Jacksonville Corvette Club The purpose of the club is to bring together people interested in Corvettes, to provide fellowship among Corvette owners, to promote civic and charitable activities, and to sponsor events among owners of Corvettes.

Unread 11-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
JimZ06

Name :
JimZ06 has disabled reputation
Default Coggin Chevrolet

Being new to Jax I was not sure where I should get my Z06 aligned after installing new front tires and lowering it 5 turns on each corner. So, I asked around. Not much luck asking people, because the folks I was asking do not own Corvettes.....Anyway, I called Coggin and asked them about their ability to do alignments on Corvettes and I was told there is a fellas named Chris Konnect (sp?) that does all their Corvette alignments and has been doing them for 6 years. I was also told, however, that they generally do not deviate from factory specs...which is what I wanted since I am getting a little tired of replacing front tires every 20-25K miles due to the aggressive camber on the Z06.
Then I called Nimnicht Chevy...got a answering maching and was told to leave a message and "Liz" would get back with me. Liz never called back. So, I took this as being indicative of the service I could expect there as well and scheduled an appointment with Coggin.
I arrived at Coggin at about 710am to make sure I would not have to wait. I spoke with Chris before he did any work. He wanted to stick with factory specs on the camber, but seemed to be knowledgable about the Z06 alignment. So, rather than drive around on new tires with a jacked up alignment I went ahead and had Chris align the Z for me.
I must say, he did a great job. The car drives straight as a laser. Although thr camber is at -0.7, I believe he adjusted to toe such that the wear on the inner lip of the front tires will not be so pronounced so soon.
I am satisfied with the service I got at Coggin, specifically from Chris - the alignment guy
JimZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Default Warning

If you want lousy service and rude people that don't know there head from a horses then take your 40 or 50 thousand dollar dream vette to NIMNICHT chevrolet. I got ed and so could you. NIMNICHT SUCKS
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
If you want lousy service and rude people that don't know there head from a horses then take your 40 or 50 thousand dollar dream vette to NIMNICHT chevrolet. I got ed and so could you. NIMNICHT SUCKS
We are not bitter are we

I also hate stealerships.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 06:18 AM   #4
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I'm Laughing

Ya I guess you could say I am a little (ok alot)bitter. I worked on Jet engines.,c-141's, C-5's,A-7's f-16's and many more for over 20 years. I have never seen anything like it. I know what you have to do to get a jet in the air and keep those engines running. I guess I am disappointed some also. Thanks for your post.

Rob
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote