The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 07-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

OUCH. Hope he can get his money back... That's just sickening
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #12
XtremeZ07

Name :
XtremeZ07 is on a distinguished road
Default Its me!!!

Well hello guys and gals yes its me...the looser that keeps getting it wrong when it comes to my Z06. I have indeed been screwed around by the performance industry so badly I dont think I will ever recover. I know that Z06 wont. I have however finally found one performance shop that even though it is 4 hours away from me I can promise you and them that they will be the only shop to touch my cars again!!! I am threw being screwed around! The guy I found is HONEST first and foremost and knows exactly what he is doing but we will talk about him on another thread! Let me tell you my story!!!
I took the 2007 Z06 to a get a supercharger. I looked around and did a good amount of research. I found a shop that had an excellent rep, a car club named after it, and multiple affiliations in the forums and corvette industry...or so I thought. Anyways in Nov 2009 I took my care in and they told me ( keep in mind at the time I knew nothing about cars...after all this I am a pro) you can not put a supercharger on a Z06 that the cylinder walls are too thin and that I can only do a head and cam and exhaust and stuff. So I said fine and away we went. I told them at that time I wanted forged Diamond pistons(because in the back of my mind I was gonna supercharge it later at a different shop) as well and they said fine. It would take 4 to 6 weeks. Time passed and passed and passed..finally in February they gave me the car and driving home I noticed the oil pressure was at 4psi so I called a friend and they said pull over and have AAA tow it back so that is what I did. They shop takes another month to tell me that I had debris in the oil that caused the problem and I need new pistons, oil pump and cooler again as those were all ruined. So I paid and paid. Finally in June the car is ready after much fighting and I took the car out to my friends in Bradenton and we found more debris in the oil and a noisy drive train.
After a complete break down we find the pistons damaged again due to not properly file fitting the rings and the shop bored out my cylinder walls to a 25000th. 3 times too big. The crank had heavy metal welding ( like the dropped and bent it) and the block was just plan ruined.
The shop claims it is my fault because I rushed them...what a joke they had my Z06 for 7 months!!!! Well thanks for listening! I must say I am soooo sorry for this and I wish I had the known about my friends at RevXtreme before because they are a true performance shop. They may be 4 hours away from me but I dont care if I need brakes. They are doing it.

I dont want to say the name of the BAD performance shop but lets just say because of them my Z06's 427 has seen its "Last Breath". hint hint
XtremeZ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeZ07 View Post
Well hello guys and gals yes its me...the looser that keeps getting it wrong when it comes to my Z06. I have indeed been screwed around by the performance industry so badly I dont think I will ever recover. I know that Z06 wont. I have however finally found one performance shop that even though it is 4 hours away from me I can promise you and them that they will be the only shop to touch my cars again!!! I am threw being screwed around! The guy I found is HONEST first and foremost and knows exactly what he is doing but we will talk about him on another thread! Let me tell you my story!!!
I took the 2007 Z06 to a get a supercharger. I looked around and did a good amount of research. I found a shop that had an excellent rep, a car club named after it, and multiple affiliations in the forums and corvette industry...or so I thought. Anyways in Nov 2009 I took my care in and they told me ( keep in mind at the time I knew nothing about cars...after all this I am a pro) you can not put a supercharger on a Z06 that the cylinder walls are too thin and that I can only do a head and cam and exhaust and stuff. So I said fine and away we went. I told them at that time I wanted forged Diamond pistons(because in the back of my mind I was gonna supercharge it later at a different shop) as well and they said fine. It would take 4 to 6 weeks. Time passed and passed and passed..finally in February they gave me the car and driving home I noticed the oil pressure was at 4psi so I called a friend and they said pull over and have AAA tow it back so that is what I did. They shop takes another month to tell me that I had debris in the oil that caused the problem and I need new pistons, oil pump and cooler again as those were all ruined. So I paid and paid. Finally in June the car is ready after much fighting and I took the car out to my friends in Bradenton and we found more debris in the oil and a noisy drive train.
After a complete break down we find the pistons damaged again due to not properly file fitting the rings and the shop bored out my cylinder walls to a 25000th. 3 times too big. The crank had heavy metal welding ( like the dropped and bent it) and the block was just plan ruined.
The shop claims it is my fault because I rushed them...what a joke they had my Z06 for 7 months!!!! Well thanks for listening! I must say I am soooo sorry for this and I wish I had the known about my friends at RevXtreme before because they are a true performance shop. They may be 4 hours away from me but I dont care if I need brakes. They are doing it.

I dont want to say the name of the BAD performance shop but lets just say because of them my Z06's 427 has seen its "Last Breath". hint hint

Is your screen name on CF jmfam26 ??
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
XtremeZ07

Name :

Maybe???? Whose asking????
Unread 07-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #15
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Maybe???? Whose asking????

Yup, thats him. He has had most of his posts removed on the subject..
Unread 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #16
XtremeZ07

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Yup, thats him. He has had most of his posts removed on the subject..
Thanks for disclosing my secret identity!!!

Yes that was me! I posted pics on that one and on DC but as stated most of my stuff had been altered as those sites obviously favor the vendors.
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #17
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for disclosing my secret identity!!!

Yes that was me! I posted pics on that one and on DC but as stated most of my stuff had been altered as those sites obviously favor the vendors.

Ohhh ok gotcha....yep vendor favortism does it every time...sucks !!!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

OK guys and gals! I'm looking at the pictures and really don't understand what's wrong in the pictures.
The ones with the crank are pretty self evident , but could someone maybe point out what I should be
looking for in the other ones? Please??? Just trying to be able to see what all the fuss is about.
Thanks..................
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
XtremeZ07

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
OK guys and gals! I'm looking at the pictures and really don't understand what's wrong in the pictures.
The ones with the crank are pretty self evident , but could someone maybe point out what I should be
looking for in the other ones? Please??? Just trying to be able to see what all the fuss is about.
Thanks..................
Andy

That might help. These are the pistons that have a couple hundred miles on them and look at the scrapping. The scrapping is from improper piston to wall clearance and should never happen as it damages the inner wall, files the oil with debris and turns the oil from a lubricant into sand paper (so to speak) damaging all the other important parts of the motor. It then in turns stops the pump and starves the motor of oil.
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #20
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

OK, NOW I can say HOLY CRAP!
Would that most likely be the root cause of the damage inflicted to
this poor engine? If that ever happened to MY engine, you wouldn't
be able to post any pictures.........I would have thrown up all over
the parts when I saw them! Makes me a little sick to even look at
them, especially the cylinder walls.........
MAN, that just Sucks with a capital S............
Thanks for the additional info........
Andy Anderson
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote