The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 02-23-2018, 02:00 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Anolis getting ready for bed

Connie noticed a seed pod remaining from one of the white lilies that we have down near the entrance of our drive way and actually grabbed it (she wanted to disperse the seeds) before noticing that there was a little anole inside, apparently getting ready to bed down for the night. This is likely an excellent place for him, since it is at the end of a long thin stalk, so he probably feels safe from predators there. He just tucks down into one of the sections and feels just as snug as a bug in a rug. So I HAD to go get the camera, hoping he would still be there after being disturbed by us. Luckily, he must have felt that this was way too nice of a sleeping spot to give up on easily just from being disturbed by the thoughtless humans.

These pics were taken with my new Nikon D850 camera with the Nikkor 105mm Micro lens and bracket side mounted flashes.
Unread 02-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #2
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Looks like it is a good cam.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
mrr23
The Alignment Guy

Name : Robert J Hinton
mrr23 is on a distinguished road

such a camera ham
Unread 02-23-2018, 09:21 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, he didn't seem to be much disturbed by the flashes. This new setup actually flashes twice, with the first one being used to gauge the exposure needed for the real flash and camera shutter action that follows. I was afraid that the critters I like to take pictures of would get spooked by this, but at least this one lizard doesn't seem to mind it at all. Connie now regrets that she picked all the other seed pods we had there, thinking they all might have been overnight condominiums for other lizards. So next year she is going to try to just extract the seeds without removing or damaging the pods. And, of course, she is planning on spreading the seeds far an wide on our property for the benefit of other lizards, too.

Anyway, I feel like I'm getting the camera bug back again. I used to do a LOT of photos and videos when I was breeding the reptiles, especially when the eggs would be hatching out. But except for the few bridge style cameras I have bought lately, haven't much been too interested in the types of photography I tended to use the Nikon lenses for. It does seem that my hobbies come and go in cycles, though.

But this digital stuff is a whole lot more convenient than when I first got interested in photography with the 35mm film stuff. It cost me a fortune processing the slide and print film I was shooting. Of course, now I am just filling up hard drives with all the images and video footage.