The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 08-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road
Default Worst customer service ever.

So Ill bring up the first issue then the new issue, so not to confuse people with a flashback episode.

When my car was stock I kept getting the service charging system code all the time. Took it to Cox Chevy here in bradenton. They replaced the alternator and battery and did the rewire trick to fix the drop in voltage.

Ok car not so stock and having the same setup, the code is now coming back up. I take it into Cox chevy and they charge me 112 dollars to do a diagnostic scan on the car, even after i told them whats wrong. 3 hours later i get a call from the service rep explaining that my service charging system is due to my pulsestar technology spark plugs. Well ever since the build, RevXtreme, used regular ngk iridium plugs. Ive told them that and i even told them to take a plug out and check for themselves but they didnt care to hear. So somehow spark plugs are interfering with my alternator charging.

Now just yesterday we had that nasty rain storm and on my way to class i saw a puddle at a residential 4 way, it didnt look deep cause i could see the center of the intersections asphalt. Well as i started going through it i could hear my cutouts burbling in the water like a jet ski does in water. It lasted a second and i got onto the dry spot and another second of driving through the other side. Right after that my cars shifting was crappy, and the car felt like it was misfiring up until i got past 50mph(found this out on us 19 and 275). I bring the car into the chevy dealer and i tell them whats wrong. The service rep goes to the manager, and he comes back saying it has to be written up as CP(customer pay). I asked why do i have to pay for the service when nothing on the car caused it. He told me cause of all the motor work it has affected the pcm. I told him the only thing done to the pcm was a tune and everything else is stock. Well him and the manager were not budging and he was sitting in his chair like he was at the beach with a "i dont give a :censored: look". So i left and went back to RevXtreme to have Tracey scan the car while in motion, and just reversing he could tell something was wrong. Grabbed the scanner and went for a drive, and within seconds a ton of codes started popping. So i asked them if they could fix it and said they will get back to me with an estimate. Well their estimate was cheaper then chevys, and id trust someones whose built my car over a grease monkey whose afraid to touch it.

Now im at home(this was around 4:30) and my dad tells me to call chevy direct. So i call chevys customer service line to complain about the service ive gotten from this dealer. The service guy puts me on hold and said hes gonna call the dealer and find out what they have to say. About 7min later he comes back and tells me they denied me cause my spark plugs are now interfering with my pcm. I laughed, nd said whens the last time youve heard spark plugs interfering with pcms, an the service guy couldnt give me an answer. I told him ive had 3 mechanics tell me different from what cox does and cox never even scanned the car after the water incident. He told me hes gonna check further into it an that i should try another dealer and see if theyll warranty the work. I asked him, well if sunset chevy goes ahead with the work, why wouldnt cox chevy warranty the work, they both get reimbursed from the same people no matter what. He then said thats why hes gonna look into further.

So basically cox chevy voided my warranty, and got 112 dollars from me for using spark plugs that have never set foot into my engine bay. Now im more then likely gonna be stuck with paying out of pocket yay!.

Not like it wont matter but i will write and email to the owner of cox chevy with disapproval of his service dept. along with the fact the two times i waited for other warranty work that no one would come help me when i was looking to buy another car as a dd and keep the vette as a weekend toy. but w/e the owner will prolly just shrug at the email and then delete it.

/end rant
Unread 08-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Saw Cory today at RevXtreme,Sorry to hear your poor service at the stealership,Hope you get it fixed soon,You are in good hands with Tracy.
I do miss the good old days when good service meant something.Good luck my friend.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You would think with GM hurting real bad with sales that they would try to make some sort of effort to make people happy enough with their customer service to buy GM again.... First law of salesmanship: (1) If you piss off a customer, you lose a customer. Let's all hear a great big "DUH!"
Unread 08-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about all this Corey. I've always had great service from Cox Chevrolet when I needed service or warranty work and I'm not usually a fan of a car dealer. I guess I'm a lucky one for that.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 05:50 AM   #5
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation

Ive got a Cox Chevy horror story too. Never again will I (or can I) step foot in their service dept. If needed Ill go to Sunset or one of the local shops around here.
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

This sort of topic really should go in the Board Of Inquiry forum. If we highly publicize the failings of businesses, we CAN make things better. That's why I put that forum on this site. If someone does you wrong, hold their feet to the fire. NO ONE likes to have negative publicity about them, and most will either fix the problem, or lose business because people now know what to expect from them.
Unread 08-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Well mister Chevy dealer owner, I can go to hundreds of dealers, foreign and domestic to by my next car. You (and GM) on the other hand have a limited, dwindling supply of customers. The question is, will you understand this fact before or after you go out of business.