The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 08-31-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I'm sorry, Lou, but which statement of mine is it that you consider as "sarcastic"?
I'm guessing the second quote. He said he made a mistake and didn't notice he was in the BOI. Would this work?

Dear Member,

Your post has been deleted because you did not comply with the rules. You must state your full name to post in the BOI forum. If you would like to re-post your message just add your full name and you're good to go.

Thank You
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 11:29 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I'm guessing the second quote. He said he made a mistake and didn't notice he was in the BOI. Would this work?

Dear Member,

Your post has been deleted because you did not comply with the rules. You must state your full name to post in the BOI forum. If you would like to re-post your message just add your full name and you're good to go.

Thank You
Had that member merely made note of either the infraction or the notice I posted in that thread, and complied with the requirement to provide their full name, then the post wouldn't have had to be deleted. I gave him time and opportunity to correct that mistake, but he preferred to take the low road instead.

The second notice was used in such a manner as to also remind all other readers of the requirement indicated, in case it had slipped their notice as well. The notice "FULL NAMES are required to post in this forum!" was plainly visible at the top of the page of the thread while he was viewing it.... Sorry he felt he needed to take it so personal and that incident made this place no fun for him any longer....
Unread 09-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post

Hell,I want to retire and can't because of the Jobs I have promised to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
I want to retire too, but like I tell people....."I can't retire as long as I have credit cards!"
Andy
Huuummmm??? Retirement? I've heard that word before?
Oh yeah! The place you go when you're tired of screwing off and want to get busy!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 06:45 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post

Dear Member,

Thank You
If anyone cares, I happen to like the above comment (or some derivative thereof) as a standard canned alert to the violating member
It's polite, not to brash, yet makes the point clearly and tells the member what, why and how to correct the "infraction."

Frankly, when I saw the original post, I almost posted a to FRC Tom's positive comment. I too failed initially, to realize it was in the BOI, since it was POSITIVE, NON-ACCUSATORY, and NOT DIRECTED AT A BUSINESS.

IIRC, the BOI was designed for BOTH ATTABOY's and OH CRAPS!

Seldom did we see an ATTABOY posted there

This "infraction" was easy to make. Like I said, I almost made it myself

And yes, it was the BOLD RED LETTERS that upset the member.

Quote:
Had that member merely made note of either the infraction or the notice I posted in that thread, and complied with the requirement to provide their full name, then the post wouldn't have had to be deleted. I gave him time and opportunity to correct that mistake, but he preferred to take the low road instead.

The second notice was used in such a manner as to also remind all other readers of the requirement indicated, in case it had slipped their notice as well. The notice "FULL NAMES are required to post in this forum!" was plainly visible at the top of the page of the thread while he was viewing it.... Sorry he felt he needed to take it so personal and that incident made this place no fun for him any longer....
IIRC didn't Lou usually post his full name when posting in the BOI?
Since I didn't post in there, I simply don't recall.
Gotta remember too, that some people don't go back to thier previous posts or threads when they visit.

And not everyone is on as much as others even though they may stay logged in.

Is it possible that he hadn't seen the infraction notice or actually been back to the BOI?

Is it possible that he though the post had been deleted and just chose not to post in there again?

I hate to see someone haul over this kind of thing.
He simply may not have seen the

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #15
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Frankly, when I saw the original post, I almost posted a to FRC Tom's positive comment. I too failed initially, to realize it was in the BOI, since it was POSITIVE, NON-ACCUSATORY, and NOT DIRECTED AT A BUSINESS.

Seldom did we see an ATTABOY posted there

This "infraction" was easy to make. Like I said, I almost made it myself

And yes, it was the BOLD RED LETTERS that upset the member.

IIRC didn't Lou usually post his full name when posting in the BOI?
Since I didn't post in there, I simply don't recall.
Gotta remember too, that some people don't go back to thier previous posts or threads when they visit.

And not everyone is on as much as others even though they may stay logged in.

Is it possible that he hadn't seen the infraction notice or actually been back to the BOI?

Is it possible that he though the post had been deleted and just chose not to post in there again?

I hate to see someone haul over this kind of thing.
This is one reason we need you on here. The voice of reason. You put so much thought into your posts and go to great lengths to explain your position and why.

I have talked to Lou via PM and email in the past and he's a good guy. He's been a member here since 2006 and has over 800 posts. I do not remember him being involved in any bashing or pissing contests.

This board will lose a valuable member over a polite comment he made not realizing he was in the BOI. That's just not right.

I am pleased to say that I had a positive thread about the Vette Doctor in Melbourne. When I first joined this board I was looking for a good Vette mechanic and so I posted about Bob after he did a good job on my car. Problem is now the next newbie looking for a mechanic around here won't have a clue. That's just not right either.
Unread 09-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #16
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I have altered the Board Of Inquiry forum whereby only members who belong to a special member group can post new messages there. The requirement is simple: They must have their FULL NAME within their profile.

Since I have to add members to this group manually, and if they have not already provided their FULL NAME within their profile, they will have to contact me to be added to this group AND provide their FULL NAME for me to add to their profile. Yeah, this could be easier. But since at least one member removed his FULL NAME after the fact, I had to keep that from happening in the future. The only time a member can edit that profile field is upon registration. After that, it is then locked.

I felt this would possibly be a reasonable compromise to just doing away with that forum completely.

YMMV....
Unread 09-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #17
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
I have altered the Board Of Inquiry forum whereby only members who belong to a special member group can post new messages there. The requirement is simple: They must have their FULL NAME within their profile.

Since I have to add members to this group manually, and if they have not already provided their FULL NAME within their profile, they will have to contact me to be added to this group AND provide their FULL NAME for me to add to their profile. Yeah, this could be easier. But since at least one member removed his FULL NAME after the fact, I had to keep that from happening in the future. The only time a member can edit that profile field is upon registration. After that, it is then locked.

I felt this would possibly be a reasonable compromise to just doing away with that forum completely.

YMMV....
Thanks Rich.