The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 05-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation
Arrow First Annual Sunshine Corvette Poker Run

Corvettes West in conjunction with the VeniceFloridaCorvettes club invite you to participate in their First Annual Sunshine Corvette Poker Run on Sunday July 9th, 06', rain date Sunday July 16th.

Entry fee is only $ 50.00 which includes two official Poker Run tee shirts, one poker hand, and lunch for two at Hooters.

Extra cards and extra poker hands are available.

Door prizes provided by Corvettes West and CorvetteCentral.

Best Poker Hand: $ 1,000.00 plus nice trophy
2nd Best: $ 500.00 plus nice trophy
3rd Best: $ 250.00 plus nice trophy
Worst Poker Hand: $ 250.00 plus nice trophy

The run will leave Corvettes West located off Clark Center Ave. of Clark Rd (exit 205/I-75) 9:30/10:00 am. The run will then head up Longboat Key to Holmes Beach, them jump across the Sunshine Skyway, back down to the Bradenton Hooters, then back to the Sarasota Hooters, for a casual lunch and awards ceremony.

All Corvette owners are invited to attend and early registration gets you one extra poker hand at no additional cost.

For further info or registration forms contact:

formulaoutlaw@aol.com or call 941-544-1375

Registration is limited to 75 entries. Prize amounts based on 60 entries.

Easiest thing is to just email me.....

If all else fails: mail a check to:

Corvettes West
6175 Clark Center Ave.
Sarasota, FL / 34238

And we will mail you the registration form OR you can just fill it out the morning of the Run.

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 06-01-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

FO

Sounds like a great event! I hope this turns into an annual event. Unfortunately, my wife and I will not be in the area in July. We have a place in Ft. Myers and we will be relocating there next year. Until then we try to get down to Florida every 6 to 8 weeks or so. As I said, unfortunately, this falls in between the our June and August trips.

Good luck with the event!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Sorry to hear you won't be around. This event is drawing a lot of excitement, people can't believe the prizes we're giving away.

Looking forward to next year as it is going to become an annual event....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Unread 06-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
c5inparadise

Name :
c5inparadise is on a distinguished road

I'm in. Checks on the way!!
c5inparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Russ, check with Rich Z about putting the entry form here on our forum and I'm sure he will oblige you. Maybe the link can be entered so that folks can print. Glad to see you participating on the forum. We all love those C2's ........Tom
Unread 06-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Probably the best thing to do would be to convert the application form into a PDF file and just attach it to a reply. That way people can print it out directly and mail it in. If you are fluent with HTML, you can plug in HTML code directly into a post, which means you could actually create an online forum here right within a post.
Unread 06-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Probably the best thing to do would be to convert the application form into a PDF file and just attach it to a reply. That way people can print it out directly and mail it in. If you are fluent with HTML, you can plug in HTML code directly into a post, which means you could actually create an online forum here right within a post.

Rich, I am a 6 transistor Annette Funicello "Signature Series" AM radio trying to survive in a digital world. I have NO idea how to do a HTML thingie....

Is there a way I could email you the flyer and the registration form and you could somehow do this??? Thanks...Russ

Unread 06-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Rich, I am a 6 transistor Annette Funicello "Signature Series" AM radio trying to survive in a digital world. I have NO idea how to do a HTML thingie....

Is there a way I could email you the flyer and the registration form and you could somehow do this??? Thanks...Russ
Well, I dunno... how badly do you want it and how much do you want to keep that vette of yours?
Unread 06-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I dunno... how badly do you want it and how much do you want to keep that vette of yours?

Hmmm, let me think about this for a moment.....

Not enough to let my Vette go.....

Right now the Registration Form is in a jpeg format. Am sending it to my computer guru who is going to ship it back as a PDF file and I'll ship to you.

Thanks....

Unread 06-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #10
Rich Z

Well actually you can attach the PDF yourself in any post you make here. This is via the "Manage Attachments" button visible whenever you are creating a post (either new thread or a reply).

Once you are in that page, then you simply upload the file via the BROWSE button (you can upload up to four files in each post) to search out the file on your home computer. Then you click on the UPLOAD button and this uploads the file(s) to the server. The attachment key at the bottom will show you whatever limits will apply to the type of file you wish to upload.

But if you get stuck, let me know and I'll help you out with this. Don't be afraid to experiment. You really can't break anything here.

All I ask in return is to be mentioned in your will for your Corvette.....