• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

What do you do for a living?

Zach

So, what pays the bills for your expensive Vette addiction? :crazy03:

Over here I have owned my own internet company for about 5 years and it is doing very well, especially this year! Anything from websites, to corporate presentations, to print, to search engine optimization - you name it, I probably do it (besides programming...it scares me :lmao:).

I breed snakes for a living. Top that one! -> http://www.SerpenCo.com

Been doing it since around 1978. Also have several websites running that through advertising, web hosting, and membership fees is helping out quite a bit. I hope to cut back on the snake business sometime soon, as the physical labor and stress of it is beginning to take its toll on myself and my wife. Taking care of thousands of live animals can wear you out, believe me....

I've only been back in Florida a short time so I feel like I'm starting a new career.
I am a real estate appraiser and I hold a real estate associates licence as well. I work out of my son's office as he has been established here a long time.:wavey: .......Tom

Zach said:
So, what pays the bills for your expensive Vette addiction? :crazy03:

Over here I have owned my own internet company for about 5 years and it is doing very well, especially this year! Anything from websites, to corporate presentations, to print, to search engine optimization - you name it, I probably do it (besides programming...it scares me :lmao:).

What are you Zach? 17 years old and you've owned your own internet company for 5 years? Holy Crap! I was too busy being a juvenile delinquent at 12 to do anything constructive! :lmao:

I am a Mail Processor for the U.S. Postal Service. _____________< insert joke here. I've heard them all. Been doing it for about 8 years now. Good job, good benefits, good pay, great schedule! I work at night and sleep sometime during the day.

Scott

Snakes!! I hate snakes..... (Indiana Jones, no??) Sorry, I just had to do that
:D
Well, I thought I'd jump in on this thread. I'm an RN, been one for a long time and have been in Florida a long time. In fact, about as long as I've been in healthcare. My background was ICU but I'm away from the bedside now doing case management. And, yes I'm female. Don't know how many of us there are here.....I think just me a Susanvette.
I had no idea people actually bred snakes as a profession.....

2Vettes said:
Snakes!! I hate snakes..... (Indiana Jones, no??) Sorry, I just had to do that
:D
Well, I thought I'd jump in on this thread. I'm an RN, been one for a long time and have been in Florida a long time. In fact, about as long as I've been in healthcare. My background was ICU but I'm away from the bedside now doing case management. And, yes I'm female. Don't know how many of us there are here.....I think just me a Susanvette.
I had no idea people actually bred snakes as a profession.....

Actually my snake breeding business is a hobby gone bad... :rolleyes:

I never would have thought someone could make a living doing that either. Go figure......

I'm a System Administrator for a high tech company. Also a part time grad in UCF, but have not been in school for about a year. I hope to get back to school so I can finish up.

EatRice said:
Custom car audio installer/fabricator. Bluntly....I build really cool stuff for cars, bikes, and homes.

If you did the work on that car of yours I'd be very interested in knowing what part of FL I'd have to drive to to get some work done,,, grin,,,,:thumbsup:

EatRice said:
Custom car audio installer/fabricator. Bluntly....I build really cool stuff for cars, bikes, and homes.

Well maybe you can help me with something. The wife and I took a ride in the Z today, and she decided to plug in a CD to play while we ride. I noticed someone had screwed up the settings (fader, balance, bass, etc) at sometime in the past while I had repairs done, I guess. I never really listen to it myself, so I have no idea exactly when it was done. Anyway, someone had broken the knob on the treble button/knob and it fell off when I tried to adjust it. You wouldn't happen to have a spare one laying around anywhere, would you, or know where I could buy one? Seems kind of silly, but now I'll look at that blasted broken button every time I get in the Z to take a ride.

Thanks.

Rich....alot of radios have different audio settings for each source. I did not have my factory radio in my car long enough to know for certain. As for the button...no I do not have one but I often see factory radios sold for very cheap. Also you could check with Gene at Karshop to see what he has. There is also a Corvette salvage yard in Tampa that would proably have it. As Yellow on the forum...she knows the name of that place.

Well thanks anyway. I had hoped you might have one floating around. But checking Ebay for a used one is not a bad idea.

As for the place in Tampa, that's about 4 to 5 hours south of me, and I think for what I would pay in gasoline back and forth, I could probably buy a whole radio cheaper.... :ack2:

Thanks.

UPS my friend...lol. If Gene has one he will mail it out to you. I don't have that kind of stuff because I always give the customer all of their factory stuff when the job is finished.

Rich Z said:
.......... I assume these things just press on with no special tricks?

You may need to purchase the special radio knob replacing tool. It's only 159.00 from your local GM dealer. HAHAHAhaha :lmao: :lmao:

Should be a piece of cake.

gary

Heck, I have bought things before where a simple knob replacement meant taking the who darned thing apart. If I need to pull it out of the dash and disassemble it, then DUCT tape will have to do..... :)

I'm a Mechanic/Body Man, fresh out of Tech. School for Auto Collision Repainting and Refinishing and Auto Mechanics... I'm planning on getting a job in a little bit working in my area of study, hopefully Auto Collision

I'm the TV spokesman for the Florida Highway Patrol in the Tampa Bay area. :welcome:

Also, Gene at the Karshop is the best! Been doing business with him for years - you'll never go wrong with Gene!

Back