The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
From the northern boy here I would suggest a non electric can opener, check your supply of meds, and make sure you have enough food for your four legged friends.

P38 ring a bell? All manual can opener.

Milspec 1 each
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #12
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZ06
If it is predicted to get real bad, do NOT procrastinate or try to prove your manhood by staying. Batton down the hatches and get the hell out.
Otherwise you might be sitting there like a lot of New Orleans folks bitching about how quick or not quick they get help.
Keep in mind, since some of those in New Orleans apparently did not know, the US military does NOT have a hurricane assistance force sitting off the coast waiting just in case something happens...we are busy....
If we come to help and you shoot at us Like some ignornat thugs in New Orleans did, if I am flying, I will shoot back....and worry about the politically correct fallout later.

Like those in previous posts said, prepare well in advance, like say the beginning of the hurricane season, or at least a week or two in advance, then you will have water and food...unlike those in NO that decided they would wait and expect the government to take care of it for them. Just make sure you have a weapon and some spare rounds ready, because there will be those that did not prepare and think that you have prepared for them as they come and try to steal your stuff.

Man makes some great points here

Numbnutz has stretched the military so thin, they're having problems just fulfilling thier quotas and getting the job they're supposed to be doing done

They're really not a humanitarian force. They're a peackeeping force and for the defense of our nation. Not to bail mine and your asses outta the drink when we're to stupid, lazy, stubborn, ill prepared or not well warned/versed in the art of get the hell out!

The NG is a state militia and is vested with that responsibility as a militia of the state.

We had NG with us during the truckers strike in the 70's/80's.

Tell ya what my friend. You're with me when the shootin' starts, all they're gonna need are more bags

To you ladies and gents in the active military who got dumped on by the admin during Katrina...good job and thanks .

To the reserves and National Guard that took the hit....Great job thanks!
Unread 08-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #13
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
P38 ring a bell?

Milspec 1 each
The P-38 certainly was one of the best planes ever. I'm certain there was none better than the one flown by Dick Bong. On October 5th 1942 five P-38 Lightnings certainly got Yamamoto's attention. The A-10 Warthog comes in a close second, great planes.

Didn't know you were an avaition fan.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #14
JimZ06

Name :
JimZ06 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Man makes some great points here

Numbnutz has stretched the military so thin, they're having problems just fulfilling thier quotas and getting the job they're supposed to be doing done

They're really not a humanitarian force. They're a peackeeping force and for the defense of our nation. Not to bail mine and your asses outta the drink when we're to stupid, lazy, stubborn, ill prepared or not well warned/versed in the art of get the hell out!

The NG is a state militia and is vested with that responsibility as a militia of the state.

We had NG with us during the truckers strike in the 70's/80's.

Tell ya what my friend. You're with me when the shootin' starts, all they're gonna need are more bags

To you ladies and gents in the active military who got dumped on by the admin during Katrina...good job and thanks .

To the reserves and National Guard that took the hit....Great job thanks!
Be careful what finger you are pointing and at which "admin" you are pointing it at. There are a lot of things happening overseas that the media does not report on and that the American populous would be very proud of. Likewise there is a great deal of intel about certain things happening over there that the general public is not, nor will they ever be, aware of.
If any fingers get pointed at any Administration regarding the Katrina hurricane, those fingers should be directed at the newly re-elected Mayor there.
JimZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 08:55 PM   #15
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Be careful what finger you are pointing and at which "admin" you are pointing it at. There are a lot of things happening overseas that the media does not report on and that the American populous would be very proud of. Likewise there is a great deal of intel about certain things happening over there that the general public is not, nor will they ever be, aware of.
If any fingers get pointed at any Administration regarding the Katrina hurricane, those fingers should be directed at the newly re-elected Mayor there.

There;s no problem with my fingers or the direction they point
And I'm well aware who Im pointing at.
I stay pretty well up on my "intel" via a few inside sources and friends in the theatre.
I realize there are things going on that will likely never be reported by the general media Good news doesn't necessarily sell.
Never is a long time. One day, I'm sure some of this will come out (good and bad). It usually does. Just has to let time run it's course.

I think over all the American public IS proud of it's military The conflict isnt thier fault, just thier cross to bear.

The administration though, thats a whole different story.

Katrina? I have to agree....doom on the local admins first
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:00 PM   #16
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
The P-38 certainly was one of the best planes ever. I'm certain there was none better than the one flown by Dick Bong. On October 5th 1942 five P-38 Lightnings certainly got Yamamoto's attention. The A-10 Warthog comes in a close second, great planes.

Didn't know you were an avaition fan.
Well yes sir, I do have an interest in aviation Used to fly 150's/152's and took right seat in a paper Piper (cub) on a few occasions. Even took the controls (under the close watchful eye) of the S.O.'s frisbee (300) a few times

The P38 I was referring to is a can opener. You probably already knew that though

If I didn't absolutely suck at the internet, I'dhave posted a pic
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:20 PM   #17
JimZ06

Name :
JimZ06 has disabled reputation

Quote:
There;s no problem with my fingers or the direction they point
And I'm well aware who Im pointing at.
I stay pretty well up on my "intel" via a few inside sources and friends in the theatre.
I realize there are things going on that will likely never be reported by the general media Good news doesn't necessarily sell.
Never is a long time. One day, I'm sure some of this will come out (good and bad). It usually does. Just has to let time run it's course.

I think over all the American public IS proud of it's military The conflict isnt thier fault, just thier cross to bear.

The administration though, thats a whole different story.

Katrina? I have to agree....doom on the local admins first

Thats cool. Thats why we are Americans because we can speak as we want and think as we want. I did back to back tours over there. Not fun, but certainly not the doom and gloom the media makes it out to be. Is it a summer camp....HELL no.
It is a legitimate war. The reasons behind that.....well you and I will both be long gone before that information is reveiled.
JimZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 11:22 PM   #18
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Thats cool. Thats why we are Americans because we can speak as we want and think as we want. I did back to back tours over there. Not fun, but certainly not the doom and gloom the media makes it out to be. Is it a summer camp....HELL no.
It is a legitimate war. The reasons behind that.....well you and I will both be long gone before that information is reveiled.

Amen brother!
Unread 08-31-2006, 09:17 PM   #19
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for the tips! I did learn a thing or two and reminded me of a few things that I need to do and haven’t. I wanted to get a generator but I think I’ll be better of with some good shutters first. So sense of having power if your roof is down the street.
I’m not one to stay on when it looks bad, (anything more than a cat 1). There is nothing I can do and there are limited resources as it is.

The guy that told me about cutting the screen was our home watch person. He said that it takes a lot of the pressure off and it’s easier and cheaper to replace the screen than the structure. Sounded good but it would be hard to take a blade to it.