The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Firearms and Other Weapons

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Firearms and Other Weapons Had a request for this forum, so here it is. Guess it will give me some place to talk about guns myself after selling my ArmsLocker forum.

Unread 08-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
grumpyvette
retired mech engineer

Name :
grumpyvette has disabled reputation
Default gun-rights-win-in-florida

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gun-...-restrictions/
Florida has decided to finally protect the 2nd Amendment at the state level and eliminate onerous restrictions that many municipalities and communities have enacted against gun rights.

Starting October 1st, any public official who passes or enforces gun regulations below the state level faces a $5,000 personal fine and could even be removed from office by the governor for enacting or enforcing local gun laws.

While Florida has had a law on its books since 1987 that makes it illegal to pass gun regulations beyond state statutes, there was no enforcement mechanism in place. As a result, towns and cities have created ordinances at will. In the process, many of them have criminalized otherwise completely law-abiding citizens who unintentionally ran afoul of arbitrary, localized gun rules.

But thanks to the law recently signed by Governor Rick Scott, that’s all about to change in the Sunshine State.

Called the Penalties for Violating Firearms Preemption Law, the new state forces the repeal of any and all regulations, policies, and ordinances that violate the firearms preemption law of 1987. Its passage has already had an impact as assorted town and county bureaucrats are scrambling to come into compliance by the October 1 deadline. The Orlando Sentinel reported on the changes now underway that:

“Orange County employees have started removing ‘no firearms’ signs at county parks, and soon they’ll probably black out the same words on brochures. In Groveland, leaders recently erased from the books an ordinance that banned firing a gun into the air….in Boca Raton, the “no guns allowed” sign has come down at City Hall. In Lake County, commissioners recently deleted a provision in an ordinance that would have banned firearms on public lands, including its parks.”

the liberals as ALWAYS are SCREAMING like PIGS TRAPPED IN A BARB WIRE ELECTRICAL FENCE over this
as usually claiming the streets will be ankle deep in innocent blood, screaming about its going to be legal for guns to be brought into day care centers . what they fail to realize is the vast majority of concealed weapon holders have most likely been carrying loaded firearms in most areas for years.
the liberal mind just can,t grasp the fact that just because they might be emotional morons doesn,t mean that everyone who owns a gun is a crazed psychotic
most of my friends carry firearms, I can,t remember a single one doing anything stupid with theirs

Last edited by grumpyvette; 08-18-2011 at 09:32 AM.
grumpyvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
grumpyvette
retired mech engineer

Name :
grumpyvette has disabled reputation

these links should help, some states have laws protecting that info from becoming public records,
or allowing access to the names on the list for several reasons
just adding the posted figures of the states that do publish that info makes the total over 5.7 million add an educated guess on the remaining states puts the total north of 8 million ccw licenses, so as a rough guess one out of about every 14 adults could be legally carrying

http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/reciprocity.php
grumpyvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

This should be extended even to the federal level and apply penalties to any "representative" who submits or votes "yea" on a bill that is unconstitutional.

But of course, those who make the rules certainly aren't going to make rules that apply to them....
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Great info grumpy, thanks for sharing. I was in Philly last week and the news was warning citizens to be cautious about gangs of "thugs" at one of the shopping malls. Now won't the "thugs" be surprised if Grandma pulled out a Glock to protect herself?
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannings View Post
Great info grumpy, thanks for sharing. I was in Philly last week and the news was warning citizens to be cautious about gangs of "thugs" at one of the shopping malls. Now won't the "thugs" be surprised if Grandma pulled out a Glock to protect herself?
That only emphasizes the sad state of affairs in this country that thugs SHOULD be surprised that Grandma would have the legal right and means to protect herself from them.
Unread 08-20-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

With the current state of the nation it will be important to be well prepared and well armed .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

That's great news...I have a question?...Does this law still apply for shopping malls where they post no guns, knives and etc??
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
That's great news...I have a question?...Does this law still apply for shopping malls where they post no guns, knives and etc??
I would guess that the mall is private property and they can prohibit weapons on their soil. BUt on the other hand if you are a responsible concealed carry person it would be "concealed" and then no one would even know to make a fuss. I carry 100% of the time no matter what. Crazies are everywhere, just look at the news. The life I save may be my own, or a family members life.

I like the "It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by six" rule........
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
I would guess that the mall is private property and they can prohibit weapons on their soil. BUt on the other hand if you are a responsible concealed carry person it would be "concealed" and then no one would even know to make a fuss. I carry 100% of the time no matter what. Crazies are everywhere, just look at the news. The life I save may be my own, or a family members life.

I like the "It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by six" rule........
Hey Rocket, good point...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post

I thought I read something about something similar to this (Lowe's or Home Depot), whereby the argument was made that any "private" property which is actually open to the public in a commercial capacity would then take on the liability for any crimes committed upon those patrons that were forbidden to have the means to protect themselves there. The above mentioned business then rescinded the policy concerning concealed weapons on their properties.

Not sure if there was any legal precedent for the claim, but apparently the business in question felt that there was certainly the possibility for litigation resulting from that policy.