The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 02-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS: Sharp, matching, and reliable 1968 coupe

This is a very sharp 1968 coupe with the original matching 327. It is an automatic, factory air car with power brakes and borgeson power steering. The previous owner had the car repainted the original white color, all new chrome and changed the original blue interior to black.

The car runs and drives great. I just drove it from Fort Walton Beach, Florida to Biloxi, Mississippi this weekend and back for three hours each way. At 70 mph the RPMs are about 3000. The temperature is steady at around the 190 mark and the oil pressure is steady at 35. The original AM/FM radio works great and the cigarette lighter works great for GPS charging.

The original engine and transmission have been rebuilt to factory specs with the addition of a Lunati Voodoo 268 camshaft, Edelbrock Performer EPS intake manifold, Holley Street Avenger 670 carburetor, Scorpion full roller rockers, and a HEI distributor. I still have the original intake manifold and quadrajet. I took off the emissions air pump and hardware and saved it as well.

The upgrades under the hood were done in good taste and done to improve the drivability and enjoyability of the car. The aluminum intake was painted to match the original. You have to look close to see upgrades. The original carburetor had been rebuilt several times and was running bad so it went in a box on the shelf.

-All the vacuum lines, actuators and other wiper/headlight operated components have been replaced. The wiper motor is new as well.

-This car has a Borgeson power steering conversion kit installed giving the car a more modern feel and reliability. I still have all the original parts that will go with the car as well.

-The exhaust is all brand new and sounds great and gets complements. The original manifolds have been sandblasted and coated in high temperature cast iron paint.

-The fuel tank and sending unit are new as is the fuel pump. I replaced the fuel line from the fuel pump to the Holley carburetor with a reproduction kit for Holley equipped small blocks (throttle linkage as well).

-All the ignition wires and spark plugs, wire separator, brackets, heat shields and hardware are new and routed the same as factory

-All hoses are new and nearly all hose clamps are reproductions of the original.

-All new American Racing 17 inch aluminum rims. I still have the 5 steel rims with the 4 trim rings and 4 center caps in very good shape with nearly brand new looking Firestone “Super Wide Oval” bias ply tires (would not drive on them, was told they are from 71 or 72).

-Front suspension has been rebuilt

-new shocks on all four corners

-new brake rotors, rubber hoses, calipers, master cylinder and booster

-I have a new Sanden air conditioning compressor, drier, A/C lines, condenser and all mounting hardware. The compressor and drier have been mocked up but the lines are still in the packaging.

-The parking brake is not connected but I have the new parts to install.

If there is anything I would be doing on this car next if I was keeping it, it would be to replace the rear suspension bushings, new U-Joints, finish the A/C install, and weather stripping (the weather stripping was replaced but it is not as good of a fit as I think it should be).

There is a good bit of extra parts that go along with this car that were accumulated be the previous owner that go with this car.

If you are looking for a dead reliable, starts right away every time and go, chrome bumper car to go cruising then this car is great. I have attached quite a few pictures but if you want to see something in more detail just let me know. I have loved the experience of this car but the hobby is pulling me in a different direction. The car is near Fort Walton Beach, Florida and will be at the Fort Walton Beach Professional Firefighter Benefit indoor car show this Saturday, 15 February if you are in the area.

I am not selling this car to make any money or because I need to sell it. I just want to explore the car hobby in a car with a few more seatbelts.

I am asking $17,000.

Attached Images

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote