The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 07-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default WTB: Fairway Green

From what I can see, there are two ways to go about this:
  1. Find a '97 - '98 Fairway Green. I don't care about Mods, HP, Transmission, body style. I prefer the lighter color interior than the black, but it's not a showstopper. What matters most to me are the color (needs to be clean and sharp), the overall look of the car, and how it drives.
  2. Find ANY reasonable c5 and have it painted.

Any other options I didn't think about?

So, I'm thinking it's probably cheaper to find the original color due to the age of the car, but it's easier and probably more expensive to find any C5 and have it painted.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing? What should I expect to pay for these options (1 or 2).

If I go for #1, any tips on finding that rare pre-loved car?
If I go for #2, which years/types should I be looking for? Which ones should I avoid? Anyone get a repaint or have suggestions on this?

If someone is selling a C5 with possibly some paint issues but otherwise a good car, I might be willing to check it out with the intent to have it repainted. I live in Central Florida and this would be my first Corvette.

I have a nice '03 Honda Odyssey. I'm getting about 21 MPG. The Corvettes can do better. The Ody drives smooth and it's a great practical vehicle and seats 7. I can fold down the back seats and remove the center seats and haul around 4' x 8' plywood. I don't use it so much now to move the kids around now that my wife got her CRV.

You'll see that I didn't put torque, or horsepower, or 0-60 times, or (insert performance topic here) into the mix. I just want something that looks as phenomenal and that gets the decent gas mileage of this car. I'd get the tires that improve mileage and ride quality and road noise. It's going to move no matter what, eh?

Thanks for reading!

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote