The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 05-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough
Default Win a S & W/M&P 15 (UPDATE-Thank you and winner information.)

First, I would like to thank everyone who responded to quickly and freely in support of our team and it's mission. We absolutely could not prepare for and do what we do, without folks like YOU!!.

Many of you jumped in right off the bat in a BIG way

Then this afternoon, just minutes before the drawing was to take place, KAP jumped in (again) for more, just becaue he felt it was a "worthy cause."

You know something folks? It just "don't get any better than that!!!"

When I passed on the well wishes, comments and positive responses I received her to the team, I can't begin to tell you how humbled they were by it all.

So, on behalf of myself and FL3 Airboat Search & Rescue, I would be honored to extend my personal thanks to all of you as an extended family, for supporting our mission

On our next gathering, the 1st round is on me!

BTW- The winner was a gentleman from Michigan to whom I also had the pleasure of providing a ticket So congrats to Sean

Thanks again everyone

Gordon
Marine Operations
FL3 Airboat Search & Rescue

As some of you know, I volunteer my time as an airboat operator with a locally based, internationally deployable, Search & Rescue (SAR) team.

As an overview:

The team was formed and active during the Hurricane Katrina rescue and recovery effort, and is presently on both FEMA and State EOC lists for evacuation, search and rescue operations wherever the need arises.

Members of our team have been involved in rescue and recovery efforts during the recent flooding in Georgia, the Midwest, as well as the Tsunami in the South Pacific Islands.

We presently, actively assist a variety of Law Enforcement Agencies through out the state in support roles, search & rescue, missing persons, and special operations functions.

The team was formed by and presently staffed by numerous active and former LEO's, Firefighter/Paramedics, EMT's, and other specialized civilian members to include veterinary, medical, communications and logistical support personnel.

Our Marine Division (my team) utilizes:
Airboats from 14'-22' LOA
Various Fixed Hull Vessels
Amphibious Vehicles
HoverCraft.

Other teams include:

First Aid/Medical Teams
Ground Search Teams
K9 Cadaver Dogs
Aerial Surveillance Vehicles
Dive Rescue/Swift Water Rescue Personnel
Animal Rescue Teams
Side Scan Sonar Operators
and a host of other support staff.

All personnel are trained, certified, and/or licensed in their specialty (from Airboat Operators to communications personnel)

As you can imagine, it takes a lot to keep a team like this afloat (ok, a little pun there).
The team is a registered Non-Profit Organization (IRS 501c3) and funded through donations, public and private grants, corporate sponsorship and the individual member.

This where YOU come in

Central Firearms, Tampa

Quote:
Central Firearms
(813) 348-4866
3810 W Osborne Ave, #A, Tampa, FL 33614 Get directions
Cross Streets: Between CR-587 and N Church Ave.
has donated the below weapon to be raffled off, with the TOTAL PROCEEDS going to FL3ASAR (see flyer attached).

For a $20.00 tax deductible donation, you have the opportunity to win the below described weapon, and S&W/M&P15, .223 rifle (see below).

Only 200 tickets will be sold and the drawing will be held June 12th @ 2:00 p.m.

In their kindness, they (Central Firearms, Tampa) have also offered to provide a raffle item each month to assist us in our fund raising efforts

We can certainly use YOUR help, in our attempt to help others.

Below are some photos and information regarding the weapon being raffled:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Unfortunately, PayPal does not allow payment for raffle items on their site.

If you're interested in supporting our team and it's efforts, as well as the chance to win a sweet rifle for $20.00, please contact me here, or at (813) 478-2726.

Thanks

Gordon

Flyer attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf June ASAR raffle flyer0001.pdf (977.5 KB, 207 views)

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Last edited by Shadow; 06-12-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: UPDATE-Raffle results and Thank you!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

OK, this will probably put me on the sh-t list but I have no use for a weapon like this and I think they should be restricted to law enforcement and military. Even for home defense there is no way to place 30 shots accurately. I'll stick with my 742 Remington, 30-06 and 5 shot capacity.

I would like to donate $20 though so could you buy yourself a ticket and I'll pay you when I see you. Or, get the ticket for me and I'll give you the weapon if I win. Either way, it's a donation and I have no interest in the weapon.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

O man, I need to enter!

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom View Post
O man, I need to enter!
Bring it on...

Remember:

Unread 05-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

i'm in! send me info to where to pay for tickets!
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
OK, this will probably put me on the sh-t list but I have no use for a weapon like this and I think they should be restricted to law enforcement and military. Even for home defense there is no way to place 30 shots accurately. I'll stick with my 742 Remington, 30-06 and 5 shot capacity.
Actually, if you practice even minimally, you can place 30 shots just as accurately as you can place 5 shots using that weapon. The AR platform is very controllable and not at all like your 30-06.

Just because YOU have no "use" for something means that they should be illegal for everyone else? Our rights should be solely based on NEED (to be determined by whom?) rather than the freedom to do and have what we WANT? So tell me, how many people really have a "use" or "need" for a car that can exceed 80 mph? Shouldn't that capability be restricted to law enforcement and military? The very same logic applies.
Unread 05-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:

I would like to donate $20 though so could you buy yourself a ticket and I'll pay you when I see you. Or, get the ticket for me and I'll give you the weapon if I win. Either way, it's a donation and I have no interest in the weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Actually, if you practice even minimally, you can place 30 shots just as accurately as you can place 5 shots using that weapon. The AR platform is very controllable and not at all like your 30-06.

Just because YOU have no "use" for something means that they should be illegal for everyone else? Our rights should be solely based on NEED (to be determined by whom?) rather than the freedom to do and have what we WANT? So tell me, how many people really have a "use" or "need" for a car that can exceed 80 mph? Shouldn't that capability be restricted to law enforcement and military? The very same logic applies.
A valid argument Rich but that's my opinion. I also think there should be more requirements for concealed carry such as a minimum amount of range time. I hope I'm not tagged as a gun control advocate just because I favor some restrictions. There are too many unqualified people toting their guns around plus the bad guys that could really make use of this weapon. I already told Shadow I would contribute.

We do not have the freedom to "do and have what we want" and never have had.
Unread 05-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom View Post
O man, I need to enter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
i'm in! send me info to where to pay for tickets!
You both have a PM.

Bob, if you'd like to make a donation to the team, you can go to our website:

http://www.fl3asar.org/

and click on either the "support" link or "DONATE" button and it'll take you directly to where you need to be to make a tax deductible donation

If you really want to enter the raffle, I'll get with you later.

Thanks for your support. With the season upon us, we need it!

Gordon

Remember:

Unread 05-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A valid argument Rich but that's my opinion. I also think there should be more requirements for concealed carry such as a minimum amount of range time. I hope I'm not tagged as a gun control advocate just because I favor some restrictions. There are too many unqualified people toting their guns around plus the bad guys that could really make use of this weapon. I already told Shadow I would contribute.

We do not have the freedom to "do and have what we want" and never have had.
Read the Second Amendment again and tell me EXACTLY what it says. There are no "ifs", or "howevers", or exclusions of any kind in there at all, now are there?

Sorry, but far too many people have gotten so wrapped up in their own fear concerning personal safety and security that they are apparently quite willing to throw away their own freedom, as well as that of everyone else, in that pursuit of rubber baby buggy bumpering the entire world for their comfort.
Unread 05-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Read the Second Amendment again and tell me EXACTLY what it says. There are no "ifs", or "howevers", or exclusions of any kind in there at all, now are there?

Sorry, but far too many people have gotten so wrapped up in their own fear concerning personal safety and security that they are apparently quite willing to throw away their own freedom, as well as that of everyone else, in that pursuit of rubber baby buggy bumpering the entire world for their comfort.
I don't fear for my safety Rich. I am concerned about you and the other citizens of this country, especially law enforcement, that may be confronted by someone with one of these weapons.

I'll be back and continue the discussion. I have to take Mom out to lunch.