The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 08-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road
Default Got pulled over last night...

but didn't get a ticket. It was actually the first time where I didn't think I deserved one. I was doing 55 in a 45 on my way to work. He was pacing me from behind. Honestly I thought I was doing 52, but hey, what's 3mph between friends.

Anyway, he came back with my details and said "I'm not giving you a ticket because a lot of people speed through here, including me"! I think he just wanted to see the pretty silver Corvette!

It's my third time being pulled over in the same mile stretch. I need to find a new way to work!

I thought maybe Ivo was driving in front of me and drew the cop out. He does that to me a lot! Always tryin' to get me in trouble.

Scott

Edit: This is the first time being pulled over in the Z. Both previous tickets on this stretch of road were in my Camaro SS.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741

Last edited by MADN3SS; 08-05-2006 at 09:07 PM.
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I've never been pulled over and not given a ticket. Oh, no I'm wrong, once. So, I guess I don't have anything to gripe about
Unread 08-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I've had my Z for 4 years now and have never been pulled over. Hmmm...maybe I'm just not driving the car right.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
EZ GOIN
Gold Member

Name :
EZ GOIN is on a distinguished road

I'm with 2vettes, I've never been pulled over and NOT recieved a ticket

At least that cop was nice and honest. The last time I got pulled over, I was passing a cop getting back on I95(he had stopped to help someone that was broken down). So I'm cruising about 75 and he passes me doing about 80, so I let him get 10-12 cars out in front of me and then stay there doing 79-80. Well about 4-5 miles up the road he starts slowing down, so I slow down. Then he slows down more, so I just keep cruising just over 70 and sure enough as soon as I pass him, BAAM, light come on.
He said HE paced ME, got a ticket for 80 in a 70.
EZ GOIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #5
EB-Z

Name :
EB-Z is on a distinguished road

I consider myself lucky so far, tickets usually come in 3's for me. Only time I've been stopped was the first week of ownership. Officer said that I ran a red light on a left hand turn, I didn't want to argue so I smiled and told him that the car is new and I'm still getting used to it......He smiled and said that he wasn't going to write a ticket but said if he saw me taking any turns again at about 45 mph, he wouldn't care what color the light was!

Then he just said, Sweet Car- have a nice day
EB-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

I have never ever got a warning. I always get the ticket and I guess I deserved it.
Unread 08-08-2006, 09:51 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I have had my Z since the end of September last year, and have not been stopped yet for anything. (** knock on wood **). I'm surprised because the windows are so heavily tinted I thought for sure I would get stopped just so they could see who was driving the car so I could get "profiled".
Unread 08-23-2006, 12:22 AM   #8
SRQC5
The Self-Proclaimed King

Name :
SRQC5 is on a distinguished road

Ive been questioned by LEOs thinking that im driving a stolen car. I think they just wanted to give me a hard time. Go figure ...
Build Plant : 1Y5Y - BOWLING GREEN Halltech stinger, LS6 Intake, 3.15 gears, Dynatech headers, Procats, X-pipe, Borla stingers, MSD 8.5mm wires, drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic brakes, Dyno tune/HP Tuners.
SRQC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2006, 05:21 PM   #9
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

i have been pulled over one time since 2000 and i was putting 400 miles down every other weekend on I95 quite often. my speed was over xxx at 4:30 am no traffic at all. i was given a very professional warning from a very nice trooper in a z28. i was very lucky to have not gone to jail. it could be because i pulled over as soon as i saw the reflection on the side of her car and waited for her and i had all my stuff ready. who knows, but i truly expected to pay the price for my actions. it just reinforced my opinion of the fhp. most of the troopers i have delt with have been very good people over all.
Unread 09-01-2006, 08:45 AM   #10
Vetgasm

Name :
Vetgasm has disabled reputation

I got pulled over a few months ago. He was pacing me doing 68 in a 50. Yes I got a ticket but gave it to a local attorney and $200.00 to make it go away. I'm 52 and I don't think they will have a problem since the last time I've received a ticket was at 19. I love my Velocity Yellow Vette but it is a beacon for laser.
Vetgasm is offline   Reply With Quote