The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 08-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
Fastcat3

Name :
Fastcat3 has disabled reputation
Default Birth of this Forum

Since I am new to this forum, I am curious as to who started it. It looks great and very "familiar" to the big "CV" Forum. Any ideas on how to get this more active. We need more online activity and interaction with us Florida people. There must be a way to get this rolling. Perhaps make it a Corvette dating site for the singles....LOL Maybe more information about good and bad dealer encounters with sales and repairs. Who has been happy with delamination fixes? Most fun place to take your vette in Florida! Help me here...
Fastcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I guess I have to take the rap for starting this place.......

As for getting it moving along, well honestly right now is the peak of my busy season with my business, so there's very little time available to do much about that. All it really takes is to extend invitations to other Florida Corvette owners you come across and to think of new interesting conversation here and contribute to ones already existing. Kind of a catch-22, though. We need more people here, but need to give them a reason for sticking around. And the reason they would want to stick around is because there are already a bunch of people here having lively conversations.

The BEST advice I can give is to LET NO QUESTION GO UNANSWERED. Someone posting a question and not even getting a single reply is about the most frustrating thing for anyone to go through. It makes them feel completely ignored. So make the effort. At least acknowledge that you have read their post and have tried to think of a helpful answer.

As for the suggestion about good and bad dealer encounters, that is what the BOARD OF INQUIRY forum here is for. And for fun places, the ON THE ROAD forum was set up with exactly that in mind.

So I think the building blocks for a solid foundation are all in place. All we need to do is to get some people here willing to start putting the rest into place.

And yes, I am working on getting some business cards made up and maybe some one page flyers to be handed out at Corvette shows and such. I would like to take out some ads in some of the Corvette magazines, but honestly, that takes more $$ then I am likely willing to throw around right now. So if you can think of someone who might like to be a sponsoring advertiser here, drag them on over. If I have the $$ coming in, then I can pump it right back into this site.

And thanks for your thoughts. And if you don't mind, I may move this to the Feedback forum where I think it would be more appropriate and likely to get more feedback from other members.

Oh well, back to the salt mines..............

Last edited by Rich Z; 08-10-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastcat3
We need more online activity and interaction with us Florida people. There must be a way to get this rolling.
The way to get this rolling is for you to post more
Unread 08-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I'll be going to a car show tonight and two all Corvette shows in the next month. Of course I'll be mentioning it to everyone I talk to. The business cards would be great Rich. I can chip in a few bucks if you like. Through PayPal maybe? I honestly wish I was more creative so I could come up with some ideas for a logo.

And you certainly don't have to tell me to post more

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
gsjack

Name :
gsjack is on a distinguished road

Would also be willing to throw in some $'s to help with cards Rich.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
gsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 11:41 PM   #6
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I'll be going to a car show tonight and two all Corvette shows in the next month. Of course I'll be mentioning it to everyone I talk to. The business cards would be great Rich. I can chip in a few bucks if you like. Through PayPal maybe? I honestly wish I was more creative so I could come up with some ideas for a logo.

And you certainly don't have to tell me to post more

Scott
what are the dates and places of the shows? i would be willing to do the business card thing also. i visit old town for the saturday night cruise and there seems to be a few vettes that show up there. perhaps that could be a place to get some exposure.
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #7
Rich Z

Well I have a member here working on a card design, but it seems he is kind of busy with other stuff. He is actually helping me out with this, so I can't really flog him too harshly............
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:17 AM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjack
Would also be willing to throw in some $'s to help with cards Rich.

Jack
Well I do appreciate the offer, but honestly I just don't see this site getting the traffic to be worth much to anyone yet. I just feel I am not offering enough in return to even think of taking your money......

Heck it looks like many of the people who have already registered here aren't even visiting regularly any longer..... Sort of puts a damper on my enthusiasm to try to get more sponsors. They just aren't going to be seeing the numbers to make it worthwhile to them.

All in due time, I guess.
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #9
gsjack

Name :
gsjack is on a distinguished road

The offer is always open Rich, just yell.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
gsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 02:16 AM   #10
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFun
what are the dates and places of the shows? i would be willing to do the business card thing also. i visit old town for the saturday night cruise and there seems to be a few vettes that show up there. perhaps that could be a place to get some exposure.
September 2nd is Corvettes on the Pier in St. Petersburg and September 16th is a show at Dimmitt Chevrolet. I know at the Dimmitt show there will be lots of vendors. They will have Valve Cover races and what they call a "muffler rapping contest", which is just loudest exhaust at WOT.

Both flyers can be found above in the Calendar section. Hurry if you want to actually be in the show, you have to register soon. Hope to see you at both.

Z06Rocket also made me aware of a show at Old Town in Kissimmee the first weekend in October called VetteFest. Not much info on that one, but you can Google it.

I went to a local (Well 50-60 miles away for me) show tonight and took many, many pictures. When I have some time I'll post some of 'em up. Here's a teaser. '63 Stingray, '69 Yenko Camaro, a chopped Purple '55 Chevy and numerous other cars. Some really cool drag cars. I can't remember if it is the biggest weekly show in the county or state. During the better months, they can have up to 500 cars there!

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote