The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 09-14-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
Frankie2blue

Name :
Frankie2blue is on a distinguished road
Default How's Florida car insurance?

I own a house in both Mass. and in Naples. Being a non resident of Florida I just
had my property taxes doubled this year. So I am thinking of changing primary residency to Florida (getting a Homestead) and am wondering what the downside is to that move. I spend about the same amount of time in Florida as I do in Mass, so it is only a matter of the paperwork.I am self employed and work in both states. I do like the fact that I would save on State income tax that I am paying here, but I am wondering how the car insurance and all that (hidden taxes) are in Florida?What are the ups and downs? Anybody else out there in a similar situation to mine? Thanks.
Frankie2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I know RocketSled lives in both Mass and Florida, maybe he'll chime in.

The homeowners insurance is what's killing me. Mine has almost tripled in 3 years and will get worse next year when I renew.

For a 34 year old married guy with one ticket, I think my car insurance is really cheap. It's the most coverage I've had and the cheapest price. I pay a little over a grand for a years coverage of 100/300 with uninsured motorist. Definitely need that down here.

EDIT: I should add that I'm with one of the oldest insurance companies, Travelers. I think they've been around since the mid 1800's.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741

Last edited by MADN3SS; 09-14-2006 at 07:37 PM.
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
3318C5

Name :
3318C5 has disabled reputation

Hey it all depends were in Florida. I moved from Miami three months ago and my car insurance went down more than half! I now live in Jacksonville. I have Geico. Call your ins agency and inquire about the rates in Naples....you might be in for a good surprise!

03 An Ed M6
Mods=A lot...
3318C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I agree with the guys. Car insurance isn't too bad, it's homeowners insurance.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 08:31 AM   #5
Frankie2blue

Name :

I agree the homeowners insurance is out of this world, but I am already paying that whether I want to or not. In the case of a hurricane, I won't hold my breath for them to pay up not to mention the ridiculous deductable. But being a non resident, I had a very difficult time getting it at all. They are really sticking it to the non residents though at least in Naples. I never heard of nearly doubling property taxes in one year for a market adjustment. They may be even worse than the scumbag dealers trying to charge over MSRP for a new ZO6.
Unread 09-18-2006, 03:16 AM   #6
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
I agree the homeowners insurance is out of this world, but I am already paying that whether I want to or not. In the case of a hurricane, I won't hold my breath for them to pay up not to mention the ridiculous deductable. But being a non resident, I had a very difficult time getting it at all. They are really sticking it to the non residents though at least in Naples. I never heard of nearly doubling property taxes in one year for a market adjustment. They may be even worse than the scumbag dealers trying to charge over MSRP for a new ZO6.

I would definetly put the tax man or ANY politician in front of the 3rd in line car salesman,,,, (criminal defense lawyers come in second in the scumbag line up).
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
Frankie2blue

Name :

I guess I gotta agree with you on that one.