The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Movie Reviews

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Movie Reviews As requested! This forum might save us some $$ on movies that should have been left on the cutting room floor...

Unread 02-16-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Sunshine

Quote:
You've never seen anything like Sunshine, the stunningly original sci-fi action-adventure from groundbreaking director Danny Boyle (28 Days Later). It is the year 2057, the sun us dying and mankind faces extinction. Earth's last hope rests with a courageous crew of eight men and women on a mission to ignite the fading star with a massive nuclear weapon. With twists and turns you won't see coming, this pulse-pounding journey to the sun is a nonstop thrill ride.
I think I had the wrong movie in my player. I HAVE seen things like it. Kind of a cross between Armageddon, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Alien. But only the worst parts.

And thank you for letting me know this same guy directed 28 Days Later. I was almost tempted to buy that a couple of times. I know better now.

As for "twists and turns you won't see coming", that much is probably true. You will be yawning much of the time and miss a lot of it.

The "pulse pounding" was actually my head aching thinking I had just thrown away almost two hours of my life watching this thing....

And as for "nonstop thrill ride", well I guess if you've never been to a movie before and seen the same predictable supposedly tension producing things happening, I guess it IS possible one might think that.

Now I read reviews about this movie and nearly all of them gave it glowing reviews. Maybe I took one too many Excedrin today and my brain just did not compute what it was seeing. I guess it didn't help things that the vocal track was not done very well and the dialog was hard to hear and follow. Perhaps this is one of those types of movies where you need to watch it 8 times to "get it"....

Not going to happen, though. Once was MORE than enough. If I even suggested to Connie that we watch it again, she would divorce me. Heck, I would divorce me!

Maybe I should put this one up for sale on Ebay before many other people watch it and flood the market with used copies............ Hey, $10 and postage and you can BUY IT NOW from me!