The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 05-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default St. George Island State Park - 05/16/2015

Using the new GoPro Hero4 Black that I bought in the C5Z. Mounted to the inside of the windshield using a suction cup mount. Took a drive through St. George Island State Park from the entrance to the end of the paved road to get video of the drive.

So far I'm pretty impressed with this little camera. Video was taken at 1920x1080p at 60fps. I haven't tried the 4K option yet, mostly because my video editor (Sony Vegas Pro) doesn't handle that resolution on the older version I have.

Last edited by Rich Z; 05-26-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #2
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Looks pretty good.

I must say, I've wanted a Go-Pro for a while, but every time I come close to buying one, I just don't go through with it. I just don't know what I would do with it to make the purchase worth it. But I want one. Am I nuts, or what?
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I had been talking about getting one myself for quite a while too. After watching a bunch of videos on YouTube taken with the latest GoPro version, I just found that I was impressed with what I saw enough to go ahead and buy one. No, it's not perfect, but it's pretty hard to beat in as small of a package as it comes in. I've still yet to try out all of the other functions (time lapse, slow motion, dashcam mode, etc), but that will come in time.

I've actually read accounts of people using these things in quadcopter platforms that had the quad crash with major damage, yet the GoPro was completely unharmed. So it sure seems like it is a robust little critter.

I do wish it had some image stabilization, however, as I mounted the GoPro on my bicycle handlebar, close to the center post, and it is still pretty wobbly. I'll post a video a little bit later so you can see what I mean. Maybe using a wider angle would have helped, but that's something else I need to try out.

Oh yeah, I was pretty disappointed that the black version didn't come with a touch screen back like is in the silver version, but a screen add-on isn't all that expensive, and in my opinion is essential for the thing. At least for me.

Speaking of which, expect to spend as much on accessories and such as you spent on the camera. It doesn't come with a RAM card, and a good 64gb card is going to cost around $60 or so. And you will need to get a handful of batteries and external charger as well.

BTW, I've heard a rumor of the Hero 5 supposedly coming by the end of the year or so, so the Hero 4 prices should drop somewhat as that date gets closer. But check around for pricing. Ebay will have them there cheaper than the SRP that all the dealers display, and from what I understand GoPro will honor all warranty work no matter where they were purchased.