The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 11-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default If I.....

Being very very new to the Corvette scene, locate a Vette that I think is worth looking at are their folks of knowledge who can inspect the car to suggest to me a yes or no on the prospective purchase. I live in central Fl and see many far away, too far to fly and inspect particluary when my knowledge is so very limited?

Ken
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

My suggestion would be that you shop harder in Florida. This is probably the largest Corvette market in the country. I know, I know, Murphy's Law: when you get your money up, all the interesting cars move 3,000 miles away!

Resist. Screw Murphy. Look here in Florida. What are you looking for and where have you been looking? Also, whereabout in Central Florida are you?

If you're bound and determined to buy out of state, I would ask on the Corvette Forum (the big one, not this small friendly one) for help.

Have you been to Roger's yet? Do that. Now *that* is Corvette shopping.

http://www.rogerscorvette.com/
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default You're the Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet

(the big one, not this small friendly one) for help.

Nailed It!
Unread 11-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

I just saw in other posts that you are looking for a chrome bumper C3. That's a little different, especially if you insist on 4-speed and factory air. Not too many of those around. Roger has a nice 4-speed 427/390 '69 at the moment, but no air.

Have you ever considered an aftermarket A/C unit, like what the street rodders use? These are very compact and look nice. Street rodders are even more anal than Vette owners. Vettes have a small interior volume and don't need a huge A/C unit.

We forget that A/C was an expensive and not very popular option up until the mid-70s, especially on 4-speed performance cars. Such cars with factory air are not only hard to find, they command a substantial premium.

If you're looking for one that's stock or near-stock, I would consider joining the NCRS, National Corvette Restorer's Society. This is where all the guys that are hardcore for original C1-3 hang out. Most of the action at the NCM and in online forums is with C4-C6, just from sheer numbers.

I'm sure you could find NCRS members to help check out a long-distance car. Such things are common in their world. Also, they will know who the trustworthy dealers are, and where the good cars are. Good chrome bumper cars a lot of time don't even get advertised, they go to someone who knows someone.

Lucky for you, the big NCRS winter meet is in Kissimmee on January 18-21. Go hook up with those guys, that is *the* crowd you need. Bring cash and you might well come home with a car.

Good luck, and if what I told you helps you find a car, can I get a ride?
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 08:46 PM   #5
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default Actually...

no by no means am I set on an out of state Vette. Would far rather buy within the state. No impact fees etc. I do want a C3 and yes the options are impt. I have no desire for an after market A/C unit as I want a factory unit.

I think I'll only do this once (I hope) so I want the "lady of my dreams"

Yep do have the NCRS info logged and I'll be there. Oh by the Way I live in Auburndale, Fl. kinda between Lakeland and Winter Haven which is between Orlando and Tampa.

As far as bring cash.... right... I'll be doing the X amount down and financing the bal untill retirement monies land apon my door step.

No have not been to Roger's but have been to the Toy Store in Largo. I am open to all suggestions, please send um on.

Ken
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Screw Murphy.
Ask Rich about Murphy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142
No have not been to Roger's but have been to the Toy Store in Largo.
I live 3 minutes from the Toy Store. I wouldn't be much help. Not too mechanically inclined. About all I can do is look at it and take pictures!

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #7
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Same here, I'm in Tampa and travel Pinellas County daily. As well, I work with an agency in Polk if you need something over there?

Very easy for me to check a Hillsborough/Pinellas county car for you though.

Happy to help as needed.

I went to the "other forum" to ask for help in looking at a Volvo for my daughter. It's in Virginia and a guy there is supposed to be checking it out for me. You can usually get some out of state help there if you need it.

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 11:58 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I'm trying to figure out a way to offer CarFax reports here by setting up some sort of contributor memberships and offer it as a perk. Not getting very far talking to CarFax directly, as they keep shoveling some sort of affiliate thing at me to sell their product instead. So this just may not fly at all.

One thing that would be very helpful is if we had a way to tie into a dealer's database of service calls for a VIN. For instance I know the service writer at one of the local Chevy dealers and asked him about a car I am looking at and he gave me the scoop on every service call they had on record for the car. Of course, this isn't much use for older vettes, but for later ones, it could give a lot of info that would help see the service life picture of what you are considering buying.

Heck, just knowing how long the car has been sitting on their lot can oftentimes be very helpful in letting you know your bargaining leverage power.
Unread 11-29-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I'm trying to figure out a way to offer CarFax reports here by setting up some sort of contributor memberships and offer it as a perk. Not getting very far talking to CarFax directly, as they keep shoveling some sort of affiliate thing at me to sell their product instead. So this just may not fly at all.

One thing that would be very helpful is if we had a way to tie into a dealer's database of service calls for a VIN. For instance I know the service writer at one of the local Chevy dealers and asked him about a car I am looking at and he gave me the scoop on every service call they had on record for the car. Of course, this isn't much use for older vettes, but for later ones, it could give a lot of info that would help see the service life picture of what you are considering buying.

Heck, just knowing how long the car has been sitting on their lot can oftentimes be very helpful in letting you know your bargaining leverage power.
The data base idea is a great one if you can pull it off. CARFAX sucks!! and they piss and moan if you run a report for anyone else. I won't hold my breath for them to come around.

I keep waiting for them to get nailed with a class action suit for deceptive advertising anyway
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Have you been to Roger's yet? Do that. Now *that* is Corvette shopping.

While Rogers does have a large and impressive selection of VERY nice vettes, don't go if you want to bargain. He LITERALLY walked away from me and left a VERY SOUR taste in my mouth when I dared to utter the simple words -GASP- "Is that price firm?". I vaguely heard a "Yep" from across the room as he was about 20 ft away by then. A friend and I were so floored by the lack of courtesey, respect, and simple customer service that we just kind of stood there looking at each other for a minute. We then walked out and never returned.

I ended up buying the EXACT SAME YEAR / MODEL / COLOR / NEVER BEEN IN RAIN CONDITION / WITH 100 LESS MILES for $500.00 less from a private seller about 2 weeks later. The private sale was not bone stock like the Rogers Vette, and I got "free" 7k worth of aftermarket stuff because I was lucky enough to get snubbed by Roger himself.

I would probably not buy a Corvette there if I won the lottery, simply because of the extremely poor attitude and customer service I received there. I have friends that feel the same way from similar service.

I also will not support his car shows because the foul taste is still in my mouth over a year later.

Just my . It's an opinion and everyone's got one.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote