The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Firearms and Other Weapons

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Firearms and Other Weapons Had a request for this forum, so here it is. Guess it will give me some place to talk about guns myself after selling my ArmsLocker forum.

Unread 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation
Default Guns won't be banned around GOP convention

It's about time an elected official honors his words. Rick Scott campaigned partly on his strong support for legal gun owners and for the right of one's self defense.

This is a recent article telling of the Governor's refusal to bow down to the anti-gun agenda of Tampa democrats.

Read The Article Here
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
"I believe that there is no reason to have a concealed firearm in downtown Tampa that week," Buckhorn said.
Sheesh, has this guy even BEEN to downtown Tampa?
Unread 05-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Cor66Vette

Name :

I love it when this guy says he has a concealed carry permit and that he believes in the 2nd Amendment. What a putz!
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
Cor66Vette

Name :
Default Update

Last month, Scott rejected Mayor Bob Buckhorn's call to block people from carrying weapons in the broader Event Zone that the city is establishing during the convention.

City Council members had considered a proposal by Councilwoman Lisa Montelione to appeal the decision. But Montelione withdrew her proposal, saying today that a special legislative session would cost too much and expanding the security perimeter would make it too difficult for protesters to express themselves.
"I don't see the point of pursuing these letters and spending any more time on it," Montelione said.

Imagine that! After all the hoopla and the allegations that increased violence will take place because of the legal carrying of handguns in Tampa during the convention, this whackala doesn't want it to be too difficult for those who want to protest against the RNC. I thought she was concerned about the safety of Tampa citizens! Dang, Who in God's good name voted for this putz.