The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Z06Fever!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Z06Fever! Well, why not? Having one of these toys is definitely an illness for which there is no cure, so let's talk about this specific malady.

Unread 01-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by urslooow View Post
I'll be getting one if I can get it for sticker or slightly above. got my z from Indiana at sticker at the height of the fury. just hope the c7 doesn't come too quickly with too much power to upstage my zr-1. upgraded interior will be in my future as well!
Yeah, I'm curious to see how much gouging the dealers try to pull off with this. The economy is different now from when they could pull that off with the new C6 Z06.
Unread 01-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #22
urslooow

Name :
urslooow has disabled reputation

I will not be gouged on this. I could easily make my z06 600 hp. right now I'm planning on addding motons, Brembos, headers tune/ airbox. seems that some of cars are are setup very rich and benefit hugely from tuning
urslooow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #23
Rich Z

Quote:
I will not be gouged on this. I could easily make my z06 600 hp. right now I'm planning on addding motons, Brembos, headers tune/ airbox. seems that some of cars are are setup very rich and benefit hugely from tuning
Yeah, I think a lot of people are looking at that equation these days....
Unread 01-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #24
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll be getting one if I can get it for sticker or slightly above. got my z from Indiana at sticker at the height of the fury. just hope the c7 doesn't come too quickly with too much power to upstage my zr-1. upgraded interior will be in my future as well!

Oooooooo! Didn't think about that one! The C6 I thought was supposed to be dead this year but I guess with the release of the ZR1 it will prolong it's life a couple more years.

C7......dammit, you got a point. The ZR1 signals the death of a model doesn't it?! It signaled the death of the C4. Maybe GM will finally do the right thing and call the upper-end C7 the "Stingray." The much awaited and fantasized return of well, "the good ol' days!" You are right Rich, maybe it's not a wise buy. See what you did? You just screwed up my fantasy!!!!!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #25
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Dayum! Just Dayum!

Looking to adopt?
Brother, if you're gonna do it, you gotta do it right!!!!!!!

Unread 01-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #26
Rich Z

So, is the ZR1 a replacement for the Z06, or is there going to be a Z06 as well in 2009?
Unread 01-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #27
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
So, is the ZR1 a replacement for the Z06, or is there going to be a Z06 as well in 2009?
I have read many different things on this matter. I originally read that the ZR1 was supposed to replace the Z06 model as the C7 was supposed to drop in 2009. Then I read that the ZR1 was not replacing the Z06 but was going to be yet another model in the lineup of the C7. Another article said that the ZR1 was not replacing the Z06 but was going to be yet another model in the lineup of the C6. That last statement has been the only accurate to date.

I don't think the ZR1 is going to last. I think the ZR1 is being used as a platform to slingshot the C7 and the muscle cars the same way it did from C4 to C5. This will probably be a limited release for two years starting this year (ZR1,'08), similar to the last time which will coincide with the releases of the new Camaro first ('09 and rumored T/A), then the C7 ('10), then the GTO again in 2011.

Similar to the '90's when the ZR1 dropped, then came the Ram Air T/A, then the C5, then the Camaro SS and T/A WS6, Z06, etc.

Unread 01-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #28
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Road and Track

"Check out Road and Track Mag this month".

also:
See video
http://www.roadandtrack.com/

Seems it would be Cheaper to modify my "Z06" to get 620 HP. After all the Hipe is over this week, it should go for $20K over MSRP.

YA RIGHT...SIGN ME UP FOR TWO OF THEM!!!!!
Unread 01-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #29
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL View Post
"Check out Road and Track Mag this month".

also:
See video
http://www.roadandtrack.com/

Seems it would be Cheaper to modify my "Z06" to get 620 HP. After all the Hipe is over this week, it should go for $20K over MSRP.

YA RIGHT...SIGN ME UP FOR TWO OF THEM!!!!!

Yeah. They are saying 620 but I've read several articles that it's actually 650. Why GM underrates cars, don't know. They've done it before with the f-body. Oh well. I would think it'll be cheaper modding the Z06. If you have a Z06 and had the extra 60K to mod it out like the cost of a ZR1, then I can't see why maybe 1K+ hp wouldn't be possible.

Unread 01-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #30
Rich Z

Really a lot of hype about this car all over the place. Heard that one big dealer already has 90 pre-orders for them.

I was REALLY looking forward to the possibility of getting this new fangled car, but too many bad vibes for me. Another thing I thought of is all this rumor about the exposed carbon fiber body panels needing some sort of paint additive for the clear coat to keep the stuff from degrading in sunlight. Cost of this additive was quoted at $60K per gallon. Now, how many local dealers or paint shops are going to spend the money for this additive to have it in stock? And if they have to order it by the gallon, it's going to make boo-boos on the carbon fiber REAL expensive to get fixed. As for getting the entire car repainted (yeah, I know, I'm looking down the road pretty far, but if I were to buy a $100K car, I would keep the damned thing a LONG LONG time!), forget about it.....

Seems to me that a substantial amount of this price increase was spent on frivolous stuff. Yeah, the ceramic rotors are cool, but are they really necessary? Exposed carbon fiber? Why? Is a hood with the polycarbonate clear panel more expensive than a regular hood? Yeah, probably so...

I really wish GM hadn't busted my bubble with this. But then again, they DID save me a bunch of money by making some hokey design decisions.