vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
^ ^ ^

Well said...

Now lets have a GAINT BBQ..or mabey even a GIANT BBQ
Unit 326 Conway Self Storage ,Orlando .Just bring everything Feb.29th would be good.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

This is still the great site it has been, just some real-life stress that any site would have. I still look at CF and run back here as a great close knit family....but all families have quarels (brothers & sisters have had tiffs since the begining of time & always will.
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I've read each of the post here and have to agree with most.

The traffic has dwindled a lot from previous years. Not sure why, but maybe some of you have hit the nail on the head.

The Rant Room is, like most sites (off topic, chit chat, call it what you want) the place for the political, social and non-corvette related stuff. Those places can get pretty heated pretty quickly with the topics that arise there from time to time.

I hate politics (and politicians)! They anger me. As such I tend to be too vocal at times. Yes, I've mentioned an "exit strategy" in one of my post. It's more of a tounge in cheek way of getting a point across for me.

Although I'd love to have a home on an island somewhere outside the US (Costa Rica, Honduras, Aruba etc all come to mind), I'm not ready to pack my bags and say to the good 'ole U.S. of A and my friends and family quite yet

All the sites I'm on without exception and including one I'm no longer a part of, have Off Topic or Chat areas that are much more heated than this ever has been. Some are over-moderated to a point of rediculous, just to keep it semi-family friendly, where others are let loose to run roughshod over the masses

Others have the OT sections subdivided into Politics/Relligion and other sub topics, away from the general OT.

Somehow, there needs to be a happy medium found. Unfortunately, I don't really think we've found it yet

We've also had our share of trolls, and troublemakers. Most have weeded themselves out without our assistance

I've noticed a lack of participation in the last several months as well.

We used to get together and do things. we'd meet in Bradenton/Sarasota and have lunch/dinner or do a cruise (Thor my brother-thans for the awesome tour of Bradenton a while back!).

We'd hang together at shows and events.

Hell, a bunch of us even got together for a road trip to St. Augustine and spent several days in a B & B there
Now that was a party!

These are just a few of the observations I've made over time.

I've not been as active here as I once was. I haven't been to shows or get togethers as frequently as I once did and just haven't been as "involved" as before.

Part of the reason is I no longer own a vette.

I will again though and I enjoy living vicariously through you folks

The other is time. I've been working my back end off since the wife retired (loving it though!) and just haven't had the extra time to enjoy some of the things I used to. That's coming to an abrupt freaking halt shortly!!

The other as many have said is simply $$$. Don't have the expendable income at present due to our "debt exit strategy"

Once that's done, life will be sweet!

Part of the problem as I see it, is we're all relatively "local" and as such, the bickering seems to take on more of a family fued light than a debate. It seems to be more personal when one can put a face to the name as compared to the many anonymous keyboard warriors from God knows where on other sites.

Personally, I'd like to see us go back to what made us great in the first place.

A site dedicated to FLORIDA CORVETTE OWNERS & ENTHUSIASTS!

Vette owners and enthusiasts talking about, working on and driving the car we enjoy and enjoying all that Florida has to offer

I'm with the others.

It's time for a PARTY!!!!!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well guys, honestly myself and the mods can't MAKE this site really be anything at all. It will be the members that choose the direction this takes. One thing I have found over the years running various message boards is that you cannot MAKE a friendly atmosphere by demanding that it be so. Once you try to FORCE that to happen, guess what happens? The mods and admin have to be pricks about enforcing such rules. Which, of course, then completely defeats the goal of a friendly atmosphere. Yeah the worst can get exited involuntarily out the door, but until they reach the point where such action becomes obviously necessary, us acting prematurely then sets a tone that will be hard to recover from. I have asked the mods to always act on the side of tolerance and giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

As for get-togethers and the like, heck, I think everyone now is just watching their dollars a little more closely than before. We recently had a period of time where gasoline went over $4 a gallon, which put the brakes on a lot of people traveling much for fun. When getting the gastank filled up started getting into triple digits, the "fun" part of it was harder to find.

So there are no answers that can can come from a top down strategy from management here. We can't force you all to play nice. There are some forums here where playing nice just may not be easy to do. I could remove those forums completely, if that is what you all want, but wouldn't that then be a little heavy handed? And how many people would then get pissed about the atmosphere changing here where the management was getting too heavy handed and taking the fun toys from them?

I guess it would wind up being like the old workplace joke: ALL VACATIONS ARE CANCELLED UNIL MORALE IMPROVES!
Unread 01-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #15
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
^ ^ ^

Well said...

Now lets have a GAINT BBQ..or mabey even a GIANT BBQ
I agree, I want my wibbs well BBQ'd or maybe my ribs even. Heck I'd even step up and host the whole durn thing. I'd just need help with a good chef. I haven't done ribs in years and a keg can be easily obtained.

Ken
Unread 01-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
Unit 326 Conway Self Storage ,Orlando .Just bring everything Feb.29th would be good.
Yes,Yes,Thats good for me,I'll still be Drunk,Hung over partying from my birthday the day before!!
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I'll check in with the Cuban lady down at unit 383 she's a great cook .If not available looks like we'll all go to Auburndale to see Kap142 .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'll check in with the Cuban lady down at unit 383 she's a great cook .If not available looks like we'll all go to Auburndale to see Kap142 .
Sounds like a plan

Hey KAP! Better fire up the grill ma' boy...

And I'll make my signature Marguaritas!~

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #19
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

With the exception of some vendor bashing and some heated back and forths, this group maintains a civil tone for the most part...
Unread 01-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #20
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

Quote:
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote