The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 02-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #111
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

sorry guys, I had was riding the horses most of the day.

So here is the update.

I got an email from Chris claiming he's made a decision to make things right. He told me he had things lined up to fix the car. It would take two weeks.

I told him I would believe it when I saw it and that if it was not done by two weeks regardless of if work had started on it I was taking him to court. I told him to make 100% percent sure he could meet that deadline before you told me he could. He hasn't responded yet. So we'll see.

tick tock...
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #112
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Like I said, I wish you luck Liz, it would be great to get this behind you and Chris. As well as my situation. Hopefully he can turn things around.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #113
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
sorry guys, I had was riding the horses most of the day.

So here is the update.

I got an email from Chris claiming he's made a decision to make things right. He told me he had things lined up to fix the car. It would take two weeks.

I told him I would believe it when I saw it and that if it was not done by two weeks regardless of if work had started on it I was taking him to court. I told him to make 100% percent sure he could meet that deadline before you told me he could. He hasn't responded yet. So we'll see.

tick tock...
There is no excuse for a business to operate this way. What's troublesome is you're not the first. I would have just filed and been done with it.

He may be a good guy and an excellent mechanic but there is no way after reading all of this stuff I would take my car there. In two weeks I don't think anything will have changed.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #114
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
There is no excuse for a business to operate this way. What's troublesome is you're not the first. I would have just filed and been done with it.

He may be a good guy and an excellent mechanic but there is no way after reading all of this stuff I would take my car there. In two weeks I don't think anything will have changed.
People said the same for me, but I have a motor sitting in my car. So that would help out in the credibility department.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #115
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
People said the same for me, but I have a motor sitting in my car. So that would help out in the credibility department.
I agree but I would be way beyond that point by now. When I reach that point I know longer give a dam- whats been done. We all have our thresh hold and once mine is crossed, look out.
Unread 02-02-2010, 03:33 AM   #116
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
True, but steps had to be taken to get to that point.

Time will tell. It's been months so what's 2 more weeks at this point?
If he said he can do it, I'd give him the opportunity to do so. It's cheaper and quicker than our court system. My only concern is that he hasn't responded back at the time of her post.

Two (2) weeks is 2 (two) weeks. I'd start tha clock ticking from the time of my response and in 2 (two) weeks, on the morning following, I'd be at the courthouse.

Even if he's working on the car, if it's not finished, I'd file. You can always dismiss a suit all the way up to judgment.

There has to be a deadline somewhere.

Good luck Liz

Quote:
I agree but I would be way beyond that point by now. When I reach that point I know longer give a dam- whats been done. We all have our thresh hold and once mine is crossed, look out.
Same way here...just reached it with one of my local servers...! She's

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #117
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
True, but steps had to be taken to get to that point.

Time will tell. It's been months so what's 2 more weeks at this point?
If he said he can do it, I'd give him the opportunity to do so. It's cheaper and quicker than our court system. My only concern is that he hasn't responded back at the time of her post.

Two (2) weeks is 2 (two) weeks. I'd start tha clock ticking from the time of my response and in 2 (two) weeks, on the morning following, I'd be at the courthouse.

Even if he's working on the car, if it's not finished, I'd file. You can always dismiss a suit all the way up to judgment.

There has to be a deadline somewhere.

Good luck Liz

Same way here...just reached it with one of my local servers...! She's
For me, the deadline has passed.

I also think something else is going on here we know nothing about. When I see all of the work Chris has done it's very impressive. Looks like he has built a successful business and that's not possible if he ignores his customers. So why has he ignored 2 members here?

While it's true he is resolving issues with one person at this time and possibly the second what got it to this point? The members have stated their case but he never replies. Looks to me (and I may be wrong) that something lit his fuse so he chose to ignore them. We both know you can't do that. Also we have both noticed he ignored the last email from Liz.

I would have filed and not waited another 2 weeks but that's just me.
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #118
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'll be honest about it, Chris has not really been the same guy in the past few months that he was previously. He has seemed very distracted and almost detached from the world. I just figured there are some personal issues going on that would get resolved one way or another eventually.

But that being said, the last few days I was out at the shop, I did see some of the normal Chris showing through and he was busting his butt trying to get things caught up. So hopefully whatever it was that was preoccupying him is now over with....

Of course, the headache of my own build certainly can't be helping things much... This HAS been a real pain in the ass for Chris as well as myself.
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #119
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I'll be honest about it, Chris has not really been the same guy in the past few months that he was previously. He has seemed very distracted and almost detached from the world. I just figured there are some personal issues going on that would get resolved one way or another eventually.

But that being said, the last few days I was out at the shop, I did see some of the normal Chris showing through and he was busting his butt trying to get things caught up. So hopefully whatever it was that was preoccupying him is now over with....

Of course, the headache of my own build certainly can't be helping things much... This HAS been a real pain in the ass for Chris as well as myself.
Rich, I have said previously there s something going on we know nothing about. I have also said I have nothing but respect for Chris. Damn, look at what he can do on your car. That takes intelligence and a lot of experience.

Under the circumstances I would not take my car to him. Even if he does take care of these members two cars they had to push him against the wall. I don't know what he would have to do to get me in there.

On the other hand he may not care. I doubt he gets too many jobs off of this site and these posts probably have no effect on his business.
Unread 02-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #120
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Rich, I have said previously there s something going on we know nothing about. I have also said I have nothing but respect for Chris. Damn, look at what he can do on your car. That takes intelligence and a lot of experience.
I'd prefer to keep the speculation out of this, and let his private life remain private

There may or may not be personal deamons that he's dealing with that he may not feel like sharing with the rest of the world.

Under the circumstances I would not take my car to him. Even if he does take care of these members two cars they had to push him against the wall. I don't know what he would have to do to get me in there.

Considering the distance between the 2 of you, thats an improbability anyway. As for anyone eles, if he manages to get it together and the "old Chris" comes back, I'd see no reason not to trust him with a car

On the other hand he may not care. I doubt he gets too many jobs off of this site and these posts probably have no effect on his business.
You'd be surprised how much damage a little negative publicity can do, even on a small site like this
And with the internet, a Google search may just turn up this link on this "small site" and the next thing you know, it's a huge deal.

Also, you might be surprised how much business a small, local site can generate

It's about people knowing people who know people and making recommendations to those they trust.

Let's try to stay with facts folks. Let those involved post up thier experiences, and lets see where the chips fall? Hopefully, they'll all fall in a flower bed and everyone comes out smelling like roses

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote