The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 02-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough
Default Back to Mothe Nature Cruise invitation

Hello everyone. Last year, I set up a mystery cruise with Corvette Anonymous and called it the Back to Mother Nature Mystery cruise. We had a few stops along the way and drove some of the twisty backroads in Manatee and Sarasota County with a picnic in the middle at a Local state park. Then we ended the day at a restaurant on the river in Bradenton. It was a long day and such a hit, that I've been requested to do it again.
You are herby invited to join Corvette Anonymous in thier second annual Back to Nature Mystery crusie hosted of course by me!!! on March 26, 2011. If inclimate weather, I will let everyone know of postponement.
We will meet at the Hess gas station on SR 70 just east of I-75 in Bradenton at 8;45 am. We will leave at 9:00 am sharp. For those of you repeating this cruise, I mixed it up a little bit to make it fresh.
You will need to bring about 25.00/person cash for stops along the way and entry also to State Park. You will need to bring a picnic lunch and of course there is always plenty to share. Good sneakers recommended for the park. At the end of the day, you are cordially invited to join us at a great restaurant on the Manatee River in Bradenton for dinner to cap off the day.
What I need are your names, head count for the trip, and head count for the restaurant. A cell number would be great in case I need to reach you if the trip changes due to weather, etc. Feel free to pm me if you want.
Last year we had 10 vettes, Jaguar, motorcycle, and dosmetic vehicle join us for the awesome day. Looking forward to a fabulous day with wonderful friends (new and old).
PS: THis is not a high speed adventure trip. If you want to haul ass, this may not be the trip for you.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
THOR

Name :

addendum to the above: really need accurate head count by March 21-22 so appropriate arrangements can be made for all. Due to space limitations, we will want to keep it to no more than 20 vehicles.
Unread 02-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I still don't have a vette, and at this point, I'm not at all sure I want another one.
I may still come down and tag along with some real friends

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
addendum to the above: really need accurate head count by March 21-22 so appropriate arrangements can be made for all. Due to space limitations, we will want to keep it to no more than 20 vehicles.
I hope all of you have a great time. I would love to go but it's just to far for me. I would have to be up by 4 AM and I imagine it would be after midnight before I got back here. These old bones just wouldn't survive.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
THOR

Name :

Yeah Bob. That would be one long day for you unless you spent the night.
Unread 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #6
THOR

Name :

Cruise update. Spots are filling up fast. We only have room for 20 vettes. Let me know soon so I can add you to the list.
Unread 03-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
THOR

Name :

One more week until the Mystery Cruise. For of you in the Tampa Bay area, this will be a memorable day for you. Please let me know soonest if interested. Half the spots are filled.
Unread 03-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
THOR

Name :

It's going to be a beautiful day Saturday for our cruise. A few spots still left. Let me know by Friday March 25th and we'll wait for you. Leaving 9 am sharp. It was so much fun last year that I was requested to do the same cruise again this year. Try it, you'll like it!!!
Unread 03-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

The vette is in storage for insurance to keep costs down while I look for work, but I would like to join you guys. Can I bring my sporty Silverado? I understand vette drivers will have top priority but if you have a last minute spot open let me know.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142

Last edited by mickeystoysz16; 03-24-2011 at 04:41 PM.
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 View Post
The vette is in storage for insurance to keep costs down while I look for work, but I would like to join you guys. Can I bring my sporty Silverado? I understand vette drivers will have top priority but if you have a last minute spot open let me know.
Mickey: hoping your situation turns around soon and you made right choice in storing car...not the best time to unload a vette being how they have depreciated...