• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cox Chevy Show

98 softtail

Bug Killer
I don't know how many of you are interested but on the 22nd there is a Corvette / Chevy show at Cox Chevrolet in Bradenton. Gulf Coast Corvette Club is the host club so if anyone has connections there it would be nice to get the word out.
This show is only a few miles from me so I will go, if only to check out the cars and atmosphere for a couple of hours.
Anyone going let me know, we can meet for breakfast at Mels Diner or Cracker Barrell, or just meet there.

Let me know,

Joe B.

Hey Joe,

I have a new radiator coming in soon ( noticed mine leaking at Eckler's) but that should be done by then. Carrie and I will join you. Breakfast sounds good and a show would be cool.

Ken:thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me know about this. I don't belong to the local club yet. Probably a good reason to join. DUH! Cracker Barrel is a little closer and probably better for breakfast.However, I'm game for anywhere.:wavey: Mark

mte.smiles said:
Thanks for letting me know about this. I don't belong to the local club yet. Probably a good reason to join. DUH! Cracker Barrel is a little closer and probably better for breakfast.However, I'm game for anywhere.:wavey: Mark
I believe Cracker Barrel and Mels are about 200 yards apart. Whichever it is, I'm pretty sure I can make.
Rick

Sounds good, knew they had a show yearly but have never gone. Will get to this yr if my acutators get back from replating. month and waiting. LOL.

Joe,What time is the show?And Cracker Barrel sounds great,What time for breakfast and where is it[cracker barrel]?Lets all get a game plan going.:coffee1:

Classy,
not to hijack Joes thread. But If theres a cracker barrel about a mile east of cox chevy on cortez rd. Mels Diner is also on cortez and Rt41 about a 1/2 east of cracker barrel. So both rest. within mins. and same road as Cox chevy
ken

98 softtail said:
I don't know how many of you are interested but on the 22nd there is a Corvette / Chevy show at Cox Chevrolet in Bradenton.
We've only lived here since September, and haven't learned our way-around yet:
where exactly is Cox Chevrolet located, and what time does the show begin?
:shrug01:

Thanks-in-advance!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Hi USA-!,
If we knew where you lived specifically, we could help you better. Bradenton is South of St. Petersburg and just north of Sarasota. Cox Chevrolet is on one of our main East-West streets called Cortez Rd and is west of Hwy 41 less than 1 mile on the North side of Cortez Rd. If you let me know your specific location, I can give you more detailed directions. Enjoy the RIDE. Mark:wavey:

I want to show the car but,Someone said not this time,so I guess I will just do what i'm told,but we are still going and can't wait to see all of you guys and great cars,I can't wait to meet up for breakfast I'm starving.Let's state a time and place,I love Cracker barrel,but I will eat about anything,did i mention I'm starving.:lmao:

breakfast

There's a Cracker Barrel 1/2 mile east of Cox Chevy. Mels is about another 200 yards east and there's a Bob Evans across the street. If there's a bunch coming in from out of town, there's a Cracker Barrel at the I-75 Exit onto St Rt 64. This is about 6 miles from Cox Chevy. I better stop or I name every restaurant in town.
Rick

Show and Breakfast

Classy said:
Joe,What time is the show?And Cracker Barrel sounds great,What time for breakfast and where is it[cracker barrel]?Lets all get a game plan going.:coffee1:

The Show time is 9a-3p. As you have seen from all the replies this might be a nice turnout for us .com members !

As for BREAKFAST !!! there are 3 good places to eat close to the show, Bob Evans, Mels Diner, Cracker Barrel. All are good eats but which one can accomidate all of us, this is the question. As anyone around here knows, Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans are good food but standardized like most chain restaurants and can with some prep time put together an area to seat us.
Mel's Diner on the otherhand, has in my opinion, better food, more of a home cook'd quality, and again with a little notice could seat us all in the same area.
I don't really care which place we go to but if I had a close number I could check all three and see which one would be more accomidating as a group rate, maybe we can get a discount ! !:dancer01:

Everyone interested give us a :thumbsup:

Later,
Joe B.

Lets do Mel's Diner. Cracker barrel actually gets kinda noisy.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ken:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back