The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 11-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
TyZtoy

Name :
TyZtoy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck9
I never drive my car in the rain but I had to recently due to circumstances and it left spots on my car. You can only see them if you get really close and eye level and the right sun light but they are there and it bugs the crap out of me. I wash my car all the time and I have made some progress but I've come to the conclusion that I am just going to have someone fix it.

Do any of you have any recommendations of a very, very good auto detail shop in Tampa?

Thanks
Michael
So you never drive in rain? Are you saying that you never got caught in a Florida rain storm as well??? Wow.... How do you do it? It's almost impossible to avoid the Florida rain at some point if you drive your car and living in FLorida with all of this beautiful weather, why would you NOT drive it.

Good luck with your Water Spots...
TyZtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
canuck9

Name :
canuck9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyZtoy
So you never drive in rain? Are you saying that you never got caught in a Florida rain storm as well??? Wow.... How do you do it? It's almost impossible to avoid the Florida rain at some point if you drive your car and living in FLorida with all of this beautiful weather, why would you NOT drive it.

Good luck with your Water Spots...
I travel quite a bit so I don't drive me Vette a lot. Plus if its raining I'll take out my other car.

I ended up buying Mothers clay bar system and after two coats the paint is like new!!! Its smooth as a babies bottom and all the spots etc are gone!!! Thanks for all of the help guys.

Michael
canuck9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 06:49 AM   #13
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck9
I travel quite a bit so I don't drive me Vette a lot. Plus if its raining I'll take out my other car.

I ended up buying Mothers clay bar system and after two coats the paint is like new!!! Its smooth as a babies bottom and all the spots etc are gone!!! Thanks for all of the help guys.

Michael
Amazing what claybars will do, isn't it? It sounds so weird, rubbing clay on your car. I had to get up the gumption to do it the first time. Wow, what results!

Glad that worked out for you.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #14
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Pitty party fo Ray.

My car Shines and looks great, but I've got some water spots etc that I can't seem to get rid of either. Now, I use the Zaino products, and Im sure it's me not them.

Although I followed the directions, using dawn, clay bar, washing w/zaino etc... I still have spots .
I figure I just didn't use the clay bar the "right" way.

No biggie, i'll just start over from scratch. Besides, i've got to remove some crudd that's on the paint (specks of dirt I guess).

Ray
ynkedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 12:08 PM   #15
canuck9

Name :
canuck9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
My car Shines and looks great, but I've got some water spots etc that I can't seem to get rid of either. Now, I use the Zaino products, and Im sure it's me not them.

Although I followed the directions, using dawn, clay bar, washing w/zaino etc... I still have spots .
I figure I just didn't use the clay bar the "right" way.

No biggie, i'll just start over from scratch. Besides, i've got to remove some crudd that's on the paint (specks of dirt I guess).

Ray
It took two times with the clay bar and two waxes before it worked. The first time got rid of the majority but the second time made the paint look flawless!!!

Michael
canuck9 is offline   Reply With Quote