The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 01-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough
Default I'm Po'd at GM

I wonder if GM right hand knows what the left hand is doing. I"ve been waiting for the NPP (GM's bi-mode exhaust) to arrive for 4 weeks. The mufflers arrived and when John from Auto XTC looked at them, the polished tips were only wrapped in paper and stuck in a box without cushioning. One of the tips had a small scratch but the other one had a large dent in it. So now, they had to re-order the muffler and it'll probably be 2-4 more weeks. I'm thinking WTF, WTF, WTF!!! Why can't they make a little effort and bubble wrap the tips!!
I called another GM vendor just to check if they had any in stock and he had 3 pair but they all had scratches and dings in them. If this is a national problem, why don't they do something. This had got to be costing GM big bucks and the solution seems so simple-bubble wrap it buddy.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

If American companies can't get their shtuff together in the quality department, what argument can they offer against the buying public buying Chinese crap? If you can't beat the opposition with cost, the only card you have to play is quality.......
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If American companies can't get their shtuff together in the quality department, what argument can they offer against the buying public buying Chinese crap? If you can't beat the opposition with cost, the only card you have to play is quality.......
Unfortunately,the word "quality" is long forgotten in the hallowed halls of GM and other US auto mfgrs. This is why our a$$e$ are being kicked by Toyota & Honda. It is very discouraging to read of the quality control issues being experienced in the C6 vettes.
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default I don't know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
Unfortunately,the word "quality" is long forgotten in the hallowed halls of GM and other US auto mfgrs. This is why our a$$e$ are being kicked by Toyota & Honda. It is very discouraging to read of the quality control issues being experienced in the C6 vettes.

Can't they see that they're pushing more and more people to buy Foreign, who'd otherwise buy American!

Who can blame the public when they can get a dependable automobile for a fraction of the cost? ... IMO.
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Mark that really sucks,maybe if you call them and bitch more they will give you a discount
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
Rich Z

Well, you know, there was a period of time when American quality REALLY took a downturn. It wasn't until the phrase "Made in Japan" began to mean better quality than "Made in USA" made them sit up and take notice.
The rules haven't changed, but now it's "Made in China" that is taking over the USA. I don't mind paying more for quality, but if I'm going to get crappy quality no matter the source, then I will pick the cheapest price. And when I get a supposedly Made in USA product, and see it was actually made in China and only imported here, then I am being told that American manufacturers have just given up trying to compete.
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

at lest U.S. dented products don't give you lead poisoning
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher4u View Post
at lest U.S. dented products don't give you lead poisoning
Hell, even FOOD imported from China can give you lead poisoning.....
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

It wasn't the shop's fault at all. It is GM lack of protective shipping and attention to detail that instigated this. I got the mufflers at almost no markup. I do plan to let GM know how I feel.
There was a time when we had the GLOBAL respect for quality. Not anymore. We're building factories out of the country to supposedly save money and the Japanese are building factories in the US and making one heck of a name for themselves. Now figure that one out.
Anytime you try to cut corners on your product, QUALITY is going to go out the window. It's for that very reason that I don't join managed care plans to get new patients to come to me. I would not be able to provide the time or quality service that my patients appreciate.
Mediocrity has alot of company. Why even go there????????
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #10
Hot BluZ

Name :
Hot BluZ is on a distinguished road

Some bean counter probably decided the extra few pennies needed to properly wrap the item and the time to do it would cost too much. They never seem to consider the costs of replacing damaged goods. Very sad and why they will not overcome their low quality image.

A friend is retired from GM, management side, and he too is disappointed in the quality and products available from them. Whenever we talk about cars he just shakes his head at the GM product line. He couldn't believe when they cancelled the Camero/Firebird line. He tried to bring some change in the product development side of thing, they decides he didn't need to be part of that process. After all these years getting their azzes kicked by Japan and now Korea they still don't get it.

2004 Z06/Z16 #4 Born on July 26, 2004 - Sold Aug 07

1969 Coupe - White - Sold 1976
Hot BluZ is offline   Reply With Quote