• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Driving to NY for thanksgiving

Tampa Tuning

Tampa Tuner
For the 25th time, Ill be driving back and forth from Florida and NY. Every year I say im not going to do that again..............................But a year or two will pass and I make the trip again.

Northern Virginia to Rockland County, NY is the worst. Has anyone made the northern trip in the last couple months that can inform me of the traffic patterns?
Thanks
Phil

Has anyone made the northern trip in the last couple months that can inform me of the traffic patterns?
Thanks
Phil
Yeah, basically the traffic from about Washington DC all the way north into Maine,
SUX :thumbsdown:
Got a buddy coming up from Cape Coral next week, and I'll ask him how it was
and post his reply here whenever I get it. The Northeast corridor (DC to Boston) is
really the worst part. From Richmond, south, it's a lot more "pleasurable" to drive.
Andy :wavey:

My buddy is on the way back now. Just talked to him and he is in NC. He says that the traffic is not too bad, but that there are police everywhere! He said that he's never seen that many law enforcement people/cars in Georgia on ANY of his trips up and back. I'll talk to him again this weekend and get the entire picture.

Phil,
Where at in Rockland Co are you going? I went to school up there not to far up the Palisades Parkway and 9W between Bear Mountain State Park and Newburgh, NY. ;)

When we used to do that drive with the race rig (Frieghtlines Columbia based 40' toter with 32' Stacker, and 6' tounge was $12-14 ft over legnth already and that traffic took years of our lives every time.

Be safe Phil & see you when you get back. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tampa Tuning Best Tuner price for Corvette C5 C6 Camaro Gen5 GTO Firebird WS6 TransAm

I grew up in New City, and used to get hammered at the bear mountain inn when it was $7.00 all you can drink.

Im going to my sister's house in Pearl River, NY. Just over the NJ border

Phil,
Where at in Rockland Co are you going? I went to school up there not to far up the Palisades Parkway and 9W between Bear Mountain State Park and Newburgh, NY. ;)

Tampa Tuning Best Tuner price for Corvette C5 C6 Camaro Gen5 GTO Firebird WS6 TransAm

www.TampaTuning.com

Bob, Only if it was my home brew. That was the good old days in my 1979 Mag Red Z28. Blowing the doors off with 200 RWHP :lmao:
I do miss that body style

I grew up in New City, and used to get hammered at the bear mountain inn when it was $7.00 all you can drink.

Im going to my sister's house in Pearl River, NY. Just over the NJ border

The Bear Mountain Inn brings back the memories. Although I spent a lot of time at Benny Havens Pub in Highland Falls too.

Now that I think about it 9W is a very scenic drive but coming back over that mountain with the grades, falling rock, and snow in winter made that drive crazy. And going as fast as I did trying to make it back before lights out makes me wonder how I survived a few of those trips.

Enjoy the trip and Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Had dinner with my buddy and he said "there are a lot of police out there, ESPECIALLY in Georgia. Marked......Unmarked........Sedans.......Suv's......they're using everything and anything".
He said that there was construction on 75 South of Tampa, and that the rest of the way
the whole way up to Connecticut was construction free. 75 to 4 to 95 to Massachusetts.
All in all, an uneventful drive, but be alert in Georgia.

Back