The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 10-06-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
jmf50852

Name : James Mark Futrell
jmf50852 is on a distinguished road
Default Issues with Bose

I am new to the Corvette Hobby and I have issues with the Bose system. I am contemplating removing all the Bose components and switching to a retro sound head unit and adding aftermarket speakers. Any thoughts or recommendations? Recommended installers in the Jacksonville Area?
jmf50852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think that Bose audio components and systems are highly overrated. You seldom ever seem them rated in the top 10 of any car audio system reviews. Of course, your own ears are going to be your best guide for what sounds best for you. Perhaps having a graphic or parametric equalizer installed with your system would help a lot to fine tune it to your own tastes in frequency response.

Just watch that you don't get too much base. In a confined area like an automobile, it can be overpowering. And it can loosen up all your panels and fittings and give you buzzes and snapping that can drive you crazy. Low base frequencies should never have a buzzing noise in them. If you do, it means the signal is clipping from being overdriven.

Finding someone familiar with a C4 Corvette might be a challenge, but I think anyone competent with general car audio installs could figure it out for you. Problem is, you won't know who is competent until AFTER the work is done.
Unread 10-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #3
jmf50852

Name : James Mark Futrell
jmf50852 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
jmf50852 is offline   Reply With Quote