The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 09-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default 93 Octane for mower?

Have been using 93 Octane in my mower since i got my 2nd C6. Been having trouble on start up with thick white smoke and spweing out some black looking stuff. I always fill the gas can when i fill up the C6 . But maybe only 87 should be used in the mower?
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck, I would have thought that at worst it would be a waste of money using premium gasoline for a lawnmower. Can't imagine why higher octane gasoline would cause any problems.

When our current gasoline powered lawn mower dies, I am seriously considering a battery powered one as a replacement. Dealing with gasoline is just such a pain in the butt.
Unread 09-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #3
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Heck, I would have thought that at worst it would be a waste of money using premium gasoline for a lawnmower. Can't imagine why higher octane gasoline would cause any problems.

When our current gasoline powered lawn mower dies, I am seriously considering a battery powered one as a replacement. Dealing with gasoline is just such a pain in the butt.
I also add that gas treatment stuff and may added too much.
Unread 09-18-2017, 04:09 AM   #4
ShaneJake

Name : John Hendry
ShaneJake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

I agree with Rich. In a way, a battery-powered one is a bit more economical than those that are powered by gasoline.
ShaneJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2017, 06:07 AM   #5
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneJake View Post
I agree with Rich. In a way, a battery-powered one is a bit more economical than those that are powered by gasoline.
I have a small yard and only use 93 since it is more easy to just take the gas can when i fill up the Vette. I drained all the old gas and filled with fresh 87 and seems to start better now.