The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 06-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road
Default Transfer of video from Digital 8

What are some of the programs you guys use? I have my before and after header exhaust sounds that I'd like to post up. I downloaded a Nero trial, but it didn't work too well.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2006, 11:22 PM   #2
Purerock105

Name :
Purerock105 is on a distinguished road

I chose Pinnacle because it was cheap($90 or less) and fairly easy to learn basic edits for uploading to my server, and beyond.

Adobe Premier is the 'Cadillac' program for consumer home video editing, but pricey($600).
Purerock105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2006, 02:53 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I bought Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum a while back but am still a complete novice with it. The digicam I have writes directly to mini DVD disks, which in some ways is GOOD and in other ways BAD. Just the different formats and conversions will drive you nuts. I was evaluating about a half dozen programs and it seemed like NONE of them would do everything that I needed it to do. So either I am trying to do something completely off the wall, or the programmers for those products have never really used them.

Seemed simple to me. I just wanted to take the DVD from my digicam with a bunch of recordings, copy them to my PC, cut out segments of them, convert them to a format most compatible for web viewing (.wmv), and be done with it. But the programs want to make PRODUCTIONS out of them. I just want a simple utility.
Unread 06-25-2006, 08:49 AM   #4
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

You know, my wife got Pinnacle for free when she bought me the camera 3 years ago. It's still sittin' in the box! Oops. Maybe I'll have to put that on my list of things to do this week.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote