The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 06-25-2009, 06:05 AM   #21
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
It must just be who you reach on the other end of the phone/computer. They don't seem to have any set standards in their company for uniform policies on customer service.
I think your exactly right

No uniformity

It seems some have a great experience and others get the shaft?

They really need to fix that if they want to stay in business.

I know they were complaining last year about the drop in sales. Duh? There's too much competition in the auto (especially vette) arena. Everybody seems to want a piece of the hi-performance market.

I go where the prices are good the service is top and the people are friendly...not necessarily in that order!

In thier defense, they really can't do anything about the sales tax. That's illegal.

They could though as mentioned, offer up a bigger discount to, well, discount it

The funny part about shipping is, anyone can call Fed-Ex, DHL, UPS, USPS, etc., give them the dimensions and weight of the package, pick up point and delivery destination, and get a price.

You might want to consider this next time, get the info and call them back with the "actual" shipping costs. Then ask them how much of the "additional cost" is "handeling?"

Sometimes, just lifitng it off the shelf and putting in on the truck will cost you an extra 10-20 bucks!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #22
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default I live 3.5 miles from Ecklers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
I tried to get them to waive the shipping charge, no can do they told me. So I told them I would buy from an out-of-state competitor so at least I didn't have to pay sales tax and shipping.
...and pass them almost every day from work...maybe one or two Corvettes parked at the most at any one time.

As for shows, you will not see them in the foreseeable future. Knowing the guy who would drive the shows with Eckler's big red dually and trailer, he is still employed there, but now as Manager somewhere in the back of the inventory barn. We're personal friends.

The truck and rig was sold off last fall. Ecklers for some reason thinks the name will make them money. Funny thing is...just about everyone else out there who deals in Corvette parts are already less expensive then Ecklers. I don't get their marketing strategy, but then again ask the few dozens who have been layed off from Ecklers if they know about the marketing as well! Didn't work for them!
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
JimZ06

Name :
JimZ06 has disabled reputation

Shady business practices....therefore I will NOT order from them EVER!
JimZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #24
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZ06 View Post
Shady business practices....therefore I will NOT order from them EVER!

There's no worst advertising then word of mouth negative feedback in a small community, especially one (Vettes)you cater too.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #25
61vette

Name :
61vette has disabled reputation

I tried to order parts for my 61 and they said no discount. I ordered from Zip and got discount $1400. worth parts and no says tax. I not only have corvette I am restoring but have 57 chevy I bought parts for at Eckler's. I guess Eckler's does not need the business.The reason ad did not work for them is because they did not honor their discount. Ace
61vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #26
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61vette View Post
I tried to order parts for my 61 and they said no discount. I ordered from Zip and got discount $1400. worth parts and no says tax. I not only have corvette I am restoring but have 57 chevy I bought parts for at Eckler's. I guess Eckler's does not need the business.The reason ad did not work for them is because they did not honor their discount. Ace
It might be nice if they knew about these things.

"Maybe" they could change thier "business model" (I doubt it but still wishful thinking!)

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote